New Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Signings

When you look at the history of Rigg and Hughes' successful transfer dealings it becomes apparent that the likes of you and me really have no clue about who is out there, potential , rising stars. These guys seemto scour the earth to find these rough diamonds.

Whilst we speculate about Andy Jonhson, Rafael etc. i wouldnt be at all surprised to see a relatively unknown like Faurlin ,Diakite or Taiwo get signed.

Warnock was like us, only really knew the english leagues. Hughes and his team seem to work on a different level

Spot on. It's very much global now and Hughes and co are on the cutting edge.

Comment

that was certainly what i thought and why i was surprised we were linked with so many obvious names (eg andy johnson). am hoping a lot of this is just agent chatter and the real targets are off the radar. I'm not worried about signing "stars" or the size of the transfer fee - just want good players. If anything its more of an achievement to pick up hidden gems.

Comment

Well i had it on good authority that we tried signing kwadwo asamoah in jan but for some reason the deal fell through!(have posted this before) This was as good as from the horses mouth, my point is though look at him now on Uniteds radar and will be going to a big team this summer. Just goes to show that MH and Rigg know their stuff and are one step ahead of the big boys. IN HUGHES I TRUST

Comment

Don't forget about Henrique too.

Comment

One thing I've noticed about Hughes is not many of his old players seem to follow him around.
            A lot of Managers bring players from club to club but I'm not aware of Sparky having this trait.
            Onohua aside, and we were linked with Nedum pre Sparky, he hasn't dragged Rovers players to City, City players to Foolham etc

Long gone are the days of a clown sitting at a phone and pleading in pigeon Eeengleeesh that he needs a striker "I thoughta your boy eee come down to sign fora us? Capiche?"

Tony Fernandes you are a legend
            Amit I give you big man love

QPR a proud club once again

Now if we could get closure on lower loft and the Barton conundrum it would be Pimms a clock all round!
            I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

This view of Hughes is a little overstated IMO.

Sidwell, Lescott, Barry, Bridge, Bellamy, SWP, Dunn, Gray... Hughes has as much previous with signing experienced British "names" as he has picking up unknown bargains from abroad.

It would not at all be out of character for him to pick up an Andy Johnson for instance.

I trust him to find the right balance to build an effective team however.

Comment

NW is an excellent manager for a championship club on a budget, his policy of rehabilitating older players is proven at that level. I'm not convinced that young foreign players came within his compass - in fact I think he may not be great at bringing youth through in the first place, never mind where they come from. The problem Hughes has is a contradiction. On the one hand his primary aim is mid table stability. On the other, he needs to build for the future - and courtesy of NW's legacy we've got too many the wrong side of 30. At some point he has to be bias signings more towards younger players, it's not like we've got any youngsters of our own kicking the door down to get in the side.

Comment

Mark Hughes is something special. I said I wanted Warnock sacked & Hughes in. I got my wish & it worked out well. Well done Tony Fernandes.

Going on topic I agree, Dembele, Kompany & Samba were all Mark's signings for cheep & look how well they've turned out, Mark's already done it at QPR
                  with Samba Diakite
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I don't know, I think evolution happens very gradually with good management really. Chelsea have previously been a good example of going too fast too soon with "bias signings" (as you put them).

Comment

Any clues about Jay Rodriques? He is quite good.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Any clues about Jay Rodriques? He is quite good.
                        Signing for Southampton for about £7m.

Comment

i think

I think that neil warnock did do wonders getting us back into the prem,but im not sure that he could have got qpr to win all there last home games those 21 points that we got there did a miraculous job in getting us to stay up

ill always love neil warnock but i genuinly dont think he would have kept us up

so now with the signings of cisse and diakite are sensational,so i have to give a lot of respect to mark hughes

and send him loads of love
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                            Signing for Southampton for about £7m.

Thanks. That was a stiff price. They must have a lot of money, but OK.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                              I don't know, I think evolution happens very gradually with good management really.
                              100% spot on.

Hughes especially has a reputation for building slowly, which is no bad thing. The problem is that our back two and front two need sorting out sooner rather than later since they are obviously key positions. I think the CB in particular is an urgent requirement.

Comment

Working...
                              X