• Show
Clear All

• QPR's first ever Black player

Who was he?

Where was he from?

was he any good??

derek richardson?

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who was he? Derek Richardson

Where was he from? Hackney via Chelsea FC

was he any good?? Keeper, had vision only in one eye by all accounts which explains it all.
      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Bob Hazel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Bob Hazel ?
          Bob Hazell came in 1979, Derek Richardson went in 1976

Comment

I remember Tesi Balogan who played for the R's the 1960's Third Division Sth days.A similar type Devon White but slightly smaller and more mobile,who unfortunately died at the age of only 45.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
              I remember Tesi Balogan who played for the R's the 1960's Third Division Sth days.A similar type Devon White but slightly smaller and more mobile,who unfortunately died at the age of only 45.

so its not derek richardson but Tesi Balogan as the first QPR black player?

Comment

Albert Johannsen was the first black player I remember playing in the old 1st.Div in the 60's for Leeds.He was a prolfic winger who scored a shed load of goals for Leeds.Died in 1995 aged 55.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                  You are right, skinny centre forward in old speak. Nigerian if i recall correctly in early 60's

Comment

Dont know about black....but our first England international was Evelyn....

Comment

Originally posted by MaidaValeRanger View Post
                      so its not derek richardson but Tesi Balogan as the first QPR black player?
                      As far as I know.I've been going to LR since 1951 when I was 8.Don't know of any before that.He stuck out like a sore thumb in those days,unlike now where I would imagine that most teams have blacks and whites in at least equal numbers.

Comment

The first black player was Tommy Best, joined 1949 from Cardiff. Only here for one year.

Comment

hmm so tommy best was THE FIRST BLACK PLAYER TO EVER PLAY FOR QPR?

we have a winner then??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rockystone View Post
                              The first black player was Tommy Best, joined 1949 from Cardiff. Only here for one year.
                              I take my hat off to you.Best made 12 appearances and scored 3 goals.This must make you older than me and means you were born in the Jurassic period.

Comment

Working...
                              X