No announcement yet.

Hill to get new deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill and Anton have done great, and Hill definintely deserves a new contract. For me, however we need a more commanding presence at center back - in the mould of Chris Samba. Someone dominant in the air and a threat from set pieces, who is also composed with the ball at their feet. Anton and Hill are great, but moving forward, I can see a new center back soming in with more composure with the bal at their feet, and more arial presence

Comment

That would be a great reward for Clint, especially after he said if we stay up he expects to be leaving. Player of the year!!!

Comment

he has fully earned a new offer. Having been discarded by Warnock, Hughes has given him a chance as a centre back and he has grabbed it with both hands.

He gives 100% every time and puts his body on the line...if only Onouha Young Taiwo Ferdinand etc all did the same when they have played, QPR would not have conceded 66 goals.

He may not play very often if he stays, but he will give all he's got when called upon. Same goes for Derry.

These are just like the players from the 70s and 80s, were football was more about playing than earning.

Comment

Disgrace. Ship him out. Thug. Remember the headbutt beginning of the season. Don't get this 'he's one of ours' malarky. Animal. Never want to see him in a rangers shirt again. Etc.

(in truth. Good on him. Could do with him next season)

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
            Disgrace. Ship him out. Thug. Remember the headbutt beginning of the season. Don't get this 'he's one of ours' malarky. Animal. Never want to see him in a rangers shirt again. Etc.

(in truth. Good on him. Could do with him next season)

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              Hill and Anton have done great, and Hill definintely deserves a new contract. For me, however we need a more commanding presence at center back - in the mould of Chris Samba. Someone dominant in the air and a threat from set pieces, who is also composed with the ball at their feet. Anton and Hill are great, but moving forward, I can see a new center back soming in with more composure with the bal at their feet, and more arial presence
              This.

Every time we've been up against a set piece this year we have looked very vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                Him and Anton play so well together. Just need a new RB, Onouha is not good enough IMO

A decent sub, though. And will improve.

But delighted for Hill!! Awesome season! Player of the year for me.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Fantastic news think its right choice to give him new deal and he deserves it! We need to keep players like him at Derry at the club even if it is as squad rotation they are quality professionals who care about us and that has a effect around everyone!
                  We will need a new cb to compliment antonio moving forward but to have hill as cover and for cup games is brilliant!

Comment

Top man - and well deserved - a credit to himself and his profession

Comment

Working...
                    X