Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Saturday Pundits - WHO WILL GET RELEGATED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Saturday Pundits - WHO WILL GET RELEGATED?

WHO WILL GET RELEGATED?

Thommo: Wigan won at Stoke on the final day of last season but I don't think Bolton will; I see them losing at Stoke and getting relegated. Bolton have looked suspect at the back all season and even though Tim Ream has done well, they seem unable to shut other teams out, with clean sheets at a minimum. Last week was a prime example when they were coasting against West Brom and drew 2-2 when all they needed to do was hold on to their lead. Even if QPR lose at Man City, as I fully expect them to, I think they will be safe.

Charlie: I can't see Bolton winning at Stoke, which means I expect them to be relegated. Stoke may have lost to QPR last week but they didn't go there with the attitude of: 'Let's get the speedos and buckets and spades out and go off on our holidays'. I was speaking to Tony Pulis and his staff last weekend and they were saying that with it being £750,000 per finishing place in the Premier League that a win in their last game and a jump of two positions will get them £1.5million that they can spend on a new player. I think what happened to Bolton last week, surrendering a two-goal lead to draw with West Brom, might take its toll and with a vocal home support behind them coupled with their quality and threat from set pieces, I think Stoke will win. I hope Owen Coyle and his side stay up, but I don't see it materialising.

Le Tiss: I've got a funny feeling that Bolton might actually win at Stoke to stay up, matching Wigan's achievement from last season. Normally on the final day fixtures, you get a team that needs to win more than their opponents and if they apply themselves properly they normally come out on top. QPR are in a position where they are facing a team that is going for the title, which is very different to Bolton who are facing a side that are sat in mid-table with nothing to play for. For me, QPR will go down.

Merse: Having watched Bolton last week I'd be shocked if they went to Stoke and won. They were playing a team with nothing to play for, yet West Brom had chance after chance. It was like watching a testimonial. Stoke are ready for their holidays after a good season, especially in the cups but they are unbeaten against the current top four at home this season and I think they could send Bolton down. People say Wigan went to Stoke last year and won to stay up, but Stoke were the better team that day. Wigan were hardly in it. That's the positive for QPR, who should lose at Man City, to look at.

No surprise fat le tis said that he isn't our biggest fan as we are a bit of a bogey side for his beloved dockers

Comment

Working...
    X