No announcement yet.

Diakite update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said on FiveLive that Diakite is out with a virus still and Akos and Derry are other injury worries.

Diakite would be very good against City but some people are talking silly stuff when they think we have no chance without him... Very silly.

I don't agree Akos has looked any worse than other midfielders over the last 3 games. At Chelsea (I watched on telly, sorry!) he was on the ball a lot more than Derry or Barton before being taken off and even did a 40 yard chase back and sliding tackle that people would have raved about had it been Derry. However he hasn't been playing great either. The main issue for someone like Buzz is that Zamora just doesn't make any runs. He is a hold up man. Buzz needs someone in front who is making runs for his excellent through balls. Watch when he gets the ball, he looks around and... nothing...

I hope we start with Cisse up front tomorrow, I really do.

We need to be very very compact defending and then go wide very quickly when attacking, then soon as we lose ball back to very narrow.

I have a funny feeling we might snatch a point...

Comment

Disagree about diakate - massive loss.. Hate to say but buzz is just not up to it as far as to say somewhat clueless
      Last edited by skranger; 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM. Reason: Error

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        I don't agree Akos has looked any worse than other midfielders over the last 3 games. At Chelsea (I watched on telly, sorry!) he was on the ball a lot more than Derry or Barton before being taken off and even did a 40 yard chase back and sliding tackle that people would have raved about had it been Derry. However he hasn't been playing great either. The main issue for someone like Buzz is that Zamora just doesn't make any runs. He is a hold up man. Buzz needs someone in front who is making runs for his excellent through balls. Watch when he gets the ball, he looks around and... nothing...
        Agree with everything mate other then Buzz. I know I am in a minority amongst Rangers fans but I don’t rate him.

I just don’t get where is big reputation comes from. He offers one thing and one thing only in my view and that is dead ball set pieces; with Taiwo, Barton, Tarbs and Bobby in team now you could argue he is not even needed for them. Other then set pieces he can’t pass, tackle, head, mark and is dead slow.

If he plays in the middle tomorrow we will get ripped apart as he is too lightweight. Need people tomorrow who are going to break the play up and put their body on the line and not bottle out of challenges, I am afraid none of those qualities apply to Buzz

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Agree with everything mate other then Buzz. I know I am in a minority amongst Rangers fans but I don’t rate him.

I just don’t get where is big reputation comes from. He offers one thing and one thing only in my view and that is dead ball set pieces; with Taiwo, Barton, Tarbs and Bobby in team now you could argue he is not even needed for them. Other then set pieces he can’t pass, tackle, head, mark and is dead slow.

If he plays in the middle tomorrow we will get ripped apart as he is too lightweight. Need people tomorrow who are going to break the play up and put their body on the line and not bottle out of challenges, I am afraid none of those qualities apply to Buzz
          According to some he has lost speed after he did his achilles.
          As I see it he is also a player who needs to play week in and week out in a attack minded team.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

The thing with Buz that he does have in his locker is a potential snap shot from 25 yards out of the blue, or a good dead ball.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Spot on

Comment

I'm really worried that without Diakite I think Yaya Toure will destroy our midfield with Derry & Buszacky in there it could be Chelsea all over again we were so slow with Toure, Silva,Barry, Nasri they will be too mobile for Derry Buzz ,Barton & Taarabt.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  I'm really worried that without Diakite I think Yaya Toure will destroy our midfield with Derry & Buszacky in there it could be Chelsea all over again we were so slow with Toure, Silva,Barry, Nasri they will be too mobile for Derry Buzz ,Barton & Taarabt.
                  dont think Diakite would make that much difference anyway imo.........

Comment

Hold on! If Derry and Buzsaky are also doubts, who the f*** comes in then?
                    If we're gonna play 5 in midfield it will have to be:

SWP-Mackie-Barton-Taarabt-Traore
                    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

This virus has lasted about 4 or 5 weeks hasn't it? Seems very odd especially as someone mentioned he looked OK a week ago. Maybe hasn't got his strength or fitness back yet if rumours are true and he is still a doubt for the game. I'd be much happier with him in there backing up Barton rather than Buzz.

As he is only currently on loan, there is this worrying feeling that he's been tapped up by another club which wouldn't surprise me, just hope i'm wrong, but it would explain why his 'recovery' is slow..

Comment

If Derry, Buz and Diakate still out should replace with Traore and swp

I think for this game Traore and swp are a better replacement as do not rate Buz as he is slow and does not do much and Derry not looking to good past few games

Does seem strange out with a virus which is usually code word for out for many games

Comment

may have already been tapped up by another club??

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                            If Derry, Buz and Diakate still out should replace with Traore and swp

I think for this game Traore and swp are a better replacement as do not rate Buz much he is slow and cant do much and Derry not looking to good past few games

Does seem strange out with a virus which is usually code word for out for many games
                            Would be a good idea to have SWP an Traore out wide, as their pitch is massive. Have Barton as holding-mid, and Mackie and Tarbs as attacking midfielders.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                            X