It is better to be a qpr fan than bolton: official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is better to be a qpr fan than bolton: official

It is easy to do a quick mathematical calculation to work out whether QPR or Bolton are more likely to be relegated, though of course the probabilities involved are subjective.
    For QPR to be relegated, QPR must lose and Bolton must win, any other permutation would result in Bolton being relegated. So if we say the probability of QPR losing is 17/20 and Bolton winning is 7/20, then the probability of one event and the other event happening is 17/20 x 7/20 or 119/400, so much less than half.
    Even if you say the probability of QPR losing is 19/20 and Bolton winning is 10/20, then still the probability of both events happening is 190/400, so still less than half.
    In other words, from a probability point of view,it is much better right now to be a QPR fan. Put your money on the R' s.

you probably dont get out much!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      the odd sunday
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I think every angle is covered now somewhere but still the only things that matter are the results of a match in Stoke and a match in Manchester on Sunday.
        Visit www.iqpr.org

Comment

Heartening though
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post

I thought i was following it word for word till line 3 and then i realised i had know idea what the f*ck was being said!

Comment

"It is better to be a qpr fan than bolton" don't need a mathematician to tell me that but i need one to understand your post

Comment

How neet

Comment

Originally posted by neetoneeto View Post
                  It is easy to do a quick mathematical calculation to work out whether QPR or Bolton are more likely to be relegated, though of course the probabilities involved are subjective.
                  For QPR to be relegated, QPR must lose and Bolton must win, any other permutation would result in Bolton being relegated. So if we say the probability of QPR losing is 17/20 and Bolton winning is 7/20, then the probability of one event and the other event happening is 17/20 x 7/20 or 119/400, so much less than half.
                  Even if you say the probability of QPR losing is 19/20 and Bolton winning is 10/20, then still the probability of both events happening is 190/400, so still less than half.
                  In other words, from a probability point of view,it is much better right now to be a QPR fan. Put your money on the R' s.

There's a saying, 'you don't see a bookie riding a bicycle'

And they have Bolton odds on to go down (another thread highlighted this)

Nice one for making the effort to settle nerves mate. Shows you care.
                  Last edited by Webb1977; 08-05-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

going on sky bet odds

a qpr loss and a bolton win is 13/64
                    a qpr win and a bolton loss is 21/1
                    a qpr draw and bolton win is 13/1
                    for us both to win its 91/4

of course this isnt taking scorelines into consideration

if we were to draw and bolton to make up the 8 goal deficit it would be 9600/1

the odds are in our favour but doesnt mean well stay up of course

ps i do get out this took me less than 10 minutes
                    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Would love to get out, but with a 4-year-old and a 11-month old it's a rare occurrence. Sometimes allowed out on a Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours though...

Comment

QPR to win at 14/1 on Paddypower is the 2nd most popular football bet at the moment. Some people are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by neetoneeto View Post
                          Would love to get out, but with a 4-year-old and a 11-month old it's a rare occurrence. Sometimes allowed out on a Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours though...
                          well done mate, ive been there.

good post and cheered me up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I thought i was following it word for word till line 3 and then i realised i had know idea what the f*ck was being said!
                            I get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7Sg41Bp-U

Comment

I remember coming back from Old Trafford, and maybe because the train was diverted,but it passed within spitting distance of the Britannia Stadium.That would be double punishment if things don't go according to plan.So it would be nice to pinch a point from City.Also we would be back in the good books of the FA as we helped Sir Chewy win the title.

Comment

Working...
                              X