Singin in the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singin in the rain

I was not at the match today but went to a pub in Hampton to meet old mates. There was about ten of us and a fair few s**m fans. I have to admit that the s**m fans did not get out of order or rub it in too much. The biggest cheer came when we scored. (could prove to be a crucial goal)
    From what I saw from the off was that we were not skillful enough to play on the water logged pitch, CFC were. Paddy Kenny needs to be half a foot taller and opposing strikers know it. I like Paddy but we needed a keeper who can reach the ball.
    Fair play to all the R's that went, that's proper fans staying to the end singin in the rain.
    Had this game been back in the 80's I doubt if things would have passed off as peacefully in the pub!!

They played the conditions better then us in the first half. 99% of their passes in the conditions reached their destination where as ours, especially from Buzz, were short and intercepted.

We should have put in some huge early tackles on them, with the cup finals in mind, and blamed the surface of the pitch to the ref

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      They played the conditions better then us in the first half. 99% of their passes in the conditions reached their destination where as ours, especially from Buzz, were short and intercepted.

We should have put in some huge early tackles on them, with the cup finals in mind, and blamed the surface of the pitch to the ref
      It must have been touch and go whether to abandon the game today, that was what I was hoping anyway.

Comment

thought the same about Paddy kenny to be honest. Couldn't help but think after chech saved mackies screamer "Paddy wouldn't have got to that" and when sturridge scored "chech would have saved that! "

Comment

Originally posted by gravesendhoop View Post
          thought the same about Paddy kenny to be honest. Couldn't help but think after chech saved mackies screamer "Paddy wouldn't have got to that" and when sturridge scored "chech would have saved that! "
          Paddy has been inches too short for a lot of the goals conceded this season. please eat loads of rhubarb before the last two games Paddy

Comment

or lend ya mrs high heels

Comment

Working...
            X