• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares if they're bigger than us?
    Quality, not quantity, is what matters.
    Size doesn't matter...
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Come on lads... i have hated chelsea with a passion for years and disagree with facto on that, but we have to accept that we will not be as big as them, however much i wish we were. :(

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
        Who cares if they're bigger than us?
        Quality, not quantity, is what matters.
        Size doesn't matter...
        ohhhh matron....
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          Why, you honestly believe we can be as big as Chelsea then??
          ARE YOU RADIO RENTAL ? :yush:

When I was growing up we WERE the 'bigger' team, any (local) Chel**** fan of my age will tell ya of the days when the R's were top team in London, in Europe, 2 Wembley cup finals, beat them in the qtr finals , beat them 6-0 ,they spent time in the old 2nd division, we had the newest stadium in the league while they were playing at the decrepid Stamford Bridge, those of us of a certain age still p-i-s-s ourselves with memories of the old open away end with the rat run at the back of it ! . . . . . . . I could go on & on

BUT for the flick of a coin it could have been us who got launched onto the path that THEY have ended up on, this is OUR moment to spring forward again, ALL the team has to do is find the fire to stay up and the glory days could return for FANS & PLAYERS !

RANT OVER

In Clint we trust
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
            ARE YOU RADIO RENTAL ? :yush:

When I was growing up we WERE the 'bigger' team, any (local) Chel**** fan of my age will tell ya of the days when the R's were top team in London, in Europe, 2 Wembley cup finals, beat them in the qtr finals , beat them 6-0 ,they spent time in the old 2nd division, we had the newest stadium in the league while they were playing at the decrepid Stamford Bridge, those of us of a certain age still p-i-s-s ourselves with memories of the old open away end with the rat run at the back of it ! . . . . . . . I could go on & on

BUT for the flick of a coin it could have been us who got launched onto the path that THEY have ended up on, this is OUR moment to spring forward again, ALL the team has to do is find the fire to stay up and the glory days could return for FANS & PLAYERS !

RANT OVER

In Clint we trust
            sorry to burst your bubble-whilst your facts are correct you need to look past that spell. they have had massive crowds well before that and have won far more trophies than us. they have more fans than us now,then and long before. i admire your loyalty to our club but you are infact wrong. we were always in their shadow.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

well i think that

well i think that,if chelsea win the european cup,it isnt really,my buisness if we keep saying how much we hate them ,it looks like we are jealous

im thinking that in ten years time can qpr still be in the premiership,and by then can we have won some honours

thats all i care about,qpr are in my blood
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                sorry to burst your bubble-whilst your facts are correct you need to look past that spell. they have had massive crowds well before that and have won far more trophies than us. they have more fans than us now,then and long before. i admire your loyalty to our club but you are infact wrong. we were always in their shadow.
                Sorry I think I got into rant mode, the gist of what I was trying to get across
                was we had the window of opportunity to be where they are now, we were owned by Thompson, one of the richest men in the country who chose to let his son play 'shops' with us, we were playing good football (in places) without the europe ban we 'could' have attracted players,

not sure how many trophies they had won before their luck changed, how exactly did they become what they are now ? was it Ruud turning up ? whatever the spark it was the flick of a coin and we are now at the same crossroads with TF, lets hope our luck can be as good as theirs !
                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?

Comment

Just had to go on the s-c-u-m-s official website, to check exactly how big they were back in the day, the turning point was 1997 when they won the FA cup, before that they won

1955 Charity Shield
                  1965 league cup
                  1970 FA cup
                  1971 cup winners cup

AND the old 2nd division 1984 & 1989

which shows they were hardly big players they are now, they may have had a load of old bone heads filling the ground but we have had big crowds at loftus rd in the past

NOW is our moment to control our own destiny, so heres hoping

Comment

Sorry I think I got into rant mode, the gist of what I was trying to get across
                    was we had the window of opportunity to be where they are now, we were owned by Thompson, one of the richest men in the country who chose to let his son play 'shops' with us, we were playing good football (in places) without the europe ban we 'could' have attracted players,

not sure how many trophies they had won before their luck changed, how exactly did they become what they are now ? was it Ruud turning up ? whatever the spark it was the flick of a coin and we are now at the same crossroads with TF, lets hope our luck can be as good as theirs !
                    the chance was there at that time but revenue was no where near what it was when the **** came to the top table.bad management and judgement was the reason we went down and the 15yr gap was fatal to us moving forward but that still have given us no garrentees. leeds utd were at an unbeleiveable peroid in that spell(great young english players with a young manager in the cl semi's) with a huge fan base and look at them. the path we have walked(stumbled down)is still the path i am happy with, looking at others. if we stay up i believe we will have the time of our lives.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/HistoryTrophiesIndex

Just had to go on the s-c-u-m-s official website, to check exactly how big they were back in the day, the turning point was 1997 when they won the FA cup, before that they won

1955 Charity Shield
                      1965 league cup
                      1970 FA cup
                      1971 cup winners cup

AND the old 2nd division 1984 & 1989

which shows they were hardly big players they are now, they may have had a load of old bone heads filling the ground but we have had big crowds at loftus rd in the past

NOW is our moment to control our own destiny, so heres hoping
                      out of interest whats their biggest attendence.
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

[QUOTE=bushcelt1;849329]the chance was there at that time but revenue was no where near what it was when the **** came to the top table.bad management and judgement was the reason we went down and the 15yr gap was fatal to us moving forward but that still have given us no garrentees. leeds utd were at an unbeleiveable peroid in that spell(great young english players with a young manager in the cl semi's) with a huge fan base and look at them. the path we have walked(stumbled down)is still the path i am happy with, looking at others. if we stay up i believe we will have the time of our lives.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

So does that mean we are buddies again

Comment

[QUOTE=NW_Hoopz;849331]
                          the chance was there at that time but revenue was no where near what it was when the **** came to the top table.bad management and judgement was the reason we went down and the 15yr gap was fatal to us moving forward but that still have given us no garrentees. leeds utd were at an unbeleiveable peroid in that spell(great young english players with a young manager in the cl semi's) with a huge fan base and look at them. the path we have walked(stumbled down)is still the path i am happy with, looking at others. if we stay up i believe we will have the time of our lives.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

So does that mean we are buddies again
                          haha...never fell out
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

out of interest whats their biggest attendence.
                            B-l-o-o-d-y h-e-l-l I've just been on their web site, if I go on again I'll have a gang of big booted skin-heads turn up at my door trying to get me to sign up for some far right organisation

Comment

Looking at it purely unemotively, regardless of all the hatred no one in their right mind could say it wasn't some achievement to beat one of the all-time greatest teams. That isn't a begrudging admission, its just an immovable fact.

That doesn't mean it's not justified to hate them.

Comment

in all honesty we can safely say we are bigger than Orient, Brentford and Barnet in London, after that it's debateable
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X