How do we go about beating Tottenham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we go about beating Tottenham?

Tricky side to play against. If you block their midfield from playing, they can move their wing backs forward and play wide.

There's 3 ways we can play, I feel.
    1. Straight 4-4-2 and hit them on the break & man mark.
    2. 4-3-1-2 stopping their midfield play and then push straight through the middle (their centre backs have no pace)
    3. 4-5-1 and aim to pin them back & make the most of chances we get

4-2-3-1, this is how we went out against Arsenal and Swansea but it changed depending on if we were defending a goal or had just scored then it would kind of change to 4-5-1.
    I'd play this again cos just like Arsenal and Swansea, Spurs play out wide a lot and try to play nice passing football, we just gotta stop that and keep playing the way we have been at home.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

451 or me.

we're at home, small pitch, need to make it as packed as possible.

if we play 4-4-2 our midfield will get torn up by vaart, modric and parker.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I think as long as we score more goals than them we can beat 'em !!!

Comment

5 in the middle, spurs need this game badly for 4th spot, shut them up till they get panicky. Give them more abuse than what **** got. We need this game more than them, if you're going, do your bit and be heard bigtime.

Comment

If Stevenage can hold Spurs i'm confident we can.

People seemed terrified of Spurs!! Their form is absolutely shocking at the moment and nothing to be scared of! On their day, yes, they're class but that day hasn't happened since the beat Newcastle 5-0 and on the road they haven't had a good day for a long time and are struggling to score.

The confidence our boys have at the moment i fancy us to nick it. As always the first goal is huge, if we get it i can't see Spurs opening us up to much as they play with a lot of width, which is difficult at LR.

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
              I think as long as we score more goals than them we can beat 'em !!!
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Its hard to say, tactically they are a great team with some very creative players ~ they have the best left back in the world and a very clever player in Modric....

We are simply not on terms or close to matching them, I just hope we get a lot of luck!

Comment

they have the best left back in the world
                  Asso -Ekkoto? Pony.
                  http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                    Asso -Ekkoto? Pony.
                    Im not quite sure he is "pony". Pretty sure he is pretty handy and would get in a majority of team's starting 11s in the PL.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Comment

with hammers and chisels...

Comment

as

as long as we dont play zamora we have a chance of a result
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                            as long as we dont play zamora we have a chance of a result
                            What's wrong with Zamora!

If anything, he should play!! He'll put their 2 centre-backs under pressure like he did against Arsenal
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              What's wrong with Zamora!

If anything, he should play!! He'll put their 2 centre-backs under pressure like he did against Arsenal
                              Sshh don't mention Zamora, i did once but i think i got away with it!!
                              I think we should insist on the same officials as yesterdays semi finals..

Comment

Working...
                              X