Divisions in squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divisions in squad?

Hughes is trying to blend a fractured dressing room. Last season's Championship winners, Barton's "gang", and a Francophone foreign group are in different camps and the new signings are uncertain of which clique will welcome them. In addition, Hughes and his own tightly knit coterie of staff are yet to bond with the ones he inherited. The word is last week's trip to sunnier climes did nothing to heal the divisions but a club fighting relegation needs everyone pulling together.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-7441253.html

With that MH and some of his team being ex **** doesn't help matters.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

That's not really relevant to team bonding though, unless you're in the squad for Saturday.

Whether this journo really does have a source or not, the story certainly seems like it might hold water based on the vids from the training camp and the poor communication on the pitch. (Barton constantly and unnecessarily mouthing off at Adel for instance.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
        That's not really relevant to team bonding though, unless you're in the squad for Saturday.

Whether this journo really does have a source or not, the story certainly seems like it might hold water based on the vids from the training camp and the poor communication on the pitch. (Barton constantly and unnecessarily mouthing off at Adel for instance.)
        Well i sometimes get annoyed when someone tries interupting me whilst i am tweeting so i can see how Joey feels there
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Just what I "knew"!!

Grrrr
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Barton is the captian - he should be taking a lead in fixing these type of things, I would imagine he isn't though.

I am sure he is the root cause of most of our problems tbh - our team is better than it performs and that means something is wrong behind the scenes.

But it is up to Hughes to sort.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I can´t see why there is any need to adress each other "agressively on the pitch".

An exception is when you follow it up with a "thumb up" or something...
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                Barton is the captian - he should be taking a lead in fixing these type of things, I would imagine he isn't though.

I am sure he is the root cause of most of our problems tbh - our team is better than it performs and that means something is wrong behind the scenes.
                But it is up to Hughes to sort.[/B]

Yepp, but is it possible to change his attitude really? Barton that is.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

All this about the trip to Potugal being fractious - I recall it was alleged that Cisse and Hill had a punch up and the former broke the latters nose
                  Clint didn't appear to be showing the signs of a broken nose on Saturday - hence why I say all the poisonous rumours are exactly that
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

With the diversity of teams today, I expect most teams in the Premiership have divisions.

Comment

all the loosers sit in one room ,no one else in the other.
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        All this about the trip to Potugal being fractious - I recall it was alleged that Cisse and Hill had a punch up and the former broke the latters nose
                        Clint didn't appear to be showing the signs of a broken nose on Saturday - hence why I say all the poisonous rumours are exactly that
                        They'll always be groups within a squad of footballers, especially one as large as ours.

Language divides may, newbies and the old guard, and just who gets on together, realistically we can't always expect to be best mates with everyone we work with.
                        They need to play as a unit though, and that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

Mind you, Adel got dog's abuse most games from the rest of the team all through last year, and everything turned out fine!

Comment

We don't have any team spirit, could you see this side coming from 2-0 down at Derby or back to win at Palace away?
                          There are no leaders, no one to inspire, lead by example and grab the game by the scruff of the neck
                          Half the team are on 6k and week and half are on 60k
                          The pressure on the team is enormous- from TF, Hughes, the fans and each other (particularly from Barton who seems to spend most of his time berating team mates who have made mistakes).

All in all, we're not a team at all at the moment, we're a group of strangers that have been assembled from all over the place. Chances are we'll be the same until the summer.

Comment

sparky needs to manage, on the pitch barton is the chosen captain therefore he should be listened to ... perhaps he was moaning at adels pathetic shots at goal they were more like back passes

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post

I noticed that and it really f cuked me off. Adel for all his faults did try on saturday, albeit he wasnt at the races. Why wasnt Captain marvel Barton having a go at SWP or lazy b0ll0x Zamora?

Comment

Working...
                              X