Direction of play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direction of play...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned and I am in no way saying this as an excuse but we never play well in the games I have seen attacking the loft in the first half as we did yesterday.

That was the first thing I thought....

and knew we'd lose... be interesting if someone had far too much time on their hands and could research how many games we have won, lost or drawn when kicking towards the loft in the first half.... shouldn't make much difference but it appears to have a detrimental effect on our performance/results....
    Last edited by ahR; 27-02-2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

In the past few years, teams with ex-Rangers players tended to turn us round for the first half if they won the toss.

It really does seem to be an issue for us, probably only a superstition thing, but it does seem to have a pyschological effect at least

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        In the past few years, teams with ex-Rangers players tended to turn us round for the first half if they won the toss.

It really does seem to be an issue for us, probably only a superstition thing, but it does seem to have a pyschological effect at least
        Rangers won the toss and turned it round. Fulham kicked off in the first half. Pretty sure that was the only thing we got right on the day - and pretty sure it was about the sun - which was bang in the keepers eyes for the entire first half, but had gone by the time we kicked off for the second half.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          Rangers won the toss and turned it round. Fulham kicked off in the first half. Pretty sure that was the only thing we got right on the day - and pretty sure it was about the sun - which was bang in the keepers eyes for the entire first half, but had gone by the time we kicked off for the second half.
          Aah, that makes sense. But you can always sense a little bit of dread in the crowd when we start the game kicking at the loft.

We're a superstitious bunch....

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
            Aah, that makes sense. But you can always sense a little bit of dread in the crowd when we start the game kicking at the loft.

We're a superstitious bunch....
            I agree. I was moaning about them turning us round when I noticed we were kicking off and worked it out from there. And although it made sense, I still wasn't happy due to the superstition you refer to
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

V Norwich last year we kicked towards the loft 1st half too.
              We lost that aswell.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Not sure what to think when it comes down to the sun in our hope of winning a home game?!
                Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Working...
                X