Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best qpr come backs youve seen

Without doubt the league cup final

the mad match on the plastic when we came from 0-4 down to draw 5-5 with newcastle, from upper despair to elation,,

And being 0-2 down to charlton at the old valley Rodney got 2 in the second half , broke into the box for his hatrick but laid it off for givens to score, the chants of "Rodney Rodney" echoed around the valley
    as the acustics we so good there it was some thing to hear ,

Whats youre best memories

Remember going Port Vale think it was around 96 time were 4-0 down half time came back to draw 4-4 not 100% but think Impey got 2.......can remember Sinclair running over n hugging me when we got equaliser was buzzing... tho my daughter wasnt too chuffed ( she was only bout 4 at time it was her first game) she didnt know what the hell was going on she was a frightened cos her old man was knowhere to be seen ( celebrating at the front) till a lovely woman brought her to me crying!!! Daughter only been again once!!

Comment

Tring, love the memories, but if your thinking of the FA cup match in 69/70, Don Givens hadn't joined us yet, hazard a guess would it have been Frank Clarke who got the third?.

Besides all the well known ones, 2-0 down at Upton Park, then Clive Allen bangs in two, and me the only R's fan in their main stand, got a few old fashioned looks I can tell ya.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Newcastle for me 0 4 half time 3-5 with 2 mins to go and drew 5-5. Had 2 pints at half time in ten mins, was fairly young so was a bit tidly, made the game look a lot better
        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

In more recent times i loved the 3-2 a few years back against Leicester when 0-2 down at half time and then Cook first and then Furs got 2 great headers with the winner at the death... great atmosphere in what was a big game for us that year.

I also remember the 4-4 with Port Vale vividly. It was back in the day when not on TV often and i was sat in the pub with the rest of my football team and other mates after a match that day and i was obviously taking a slating when we let goal after goal in.... usual response was there's plenty of time yet.... little did i think it would happen. Did i give them sh1t or what. Good memories.
          Last edited by Del; 18-02-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Easy one for me.. .in terms of actually being at the game is Leeds away early 90's.. Leeds were reigning PL champions or 1st division whetever it was... Strachan.. Chapman... Speed etc. 2-0 down.... Wilkins scored with a volley to make it 2-1... Wegerle scored goal of the season... Falco I think it was scored winner with about 10 mins left. Jan Stejskals first game... about 500 of us there... fantastic memory..
            First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
            Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

Comment

The 5-5 with Newcastle, without a doubt.
              Missed the 4-4 with Port Vale for some reason.
              Remember most of the others, but the sheer amount of goals pouring in at either end in the last 10 mins makes Newcastle special. When we pulled it back to 3-4 and then they scored to make it 3-5 with less than 10 mins to go, I thought that was it.
              Amazing game. Came away feeling like we'd won.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

The 5-5..which was my first QPR game..my dad and uncle took me and at half time I was in tears and never wanted ever to come to this horrible place again!!..by full time I had decided that I would come when ever I could..at the time I was 8 so had to wait until I was 14 until I was allowed to go alone and 16 before I got my season ticket..and have been a season ticket holder ever since(bar about 3 years)..but to this day I'm grateful for that second half performance..because had we gone on to get spanked 10-0 as I thought we would(and we lost 5-0 at spurs the previous week)..I probably would never have bothered,so regardless of all the ups and downs..That day wasn't just the greatest come back off all time..it changed my life.

Comment

Port Vale away when we were 4 down must be up there. What a game that was.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Other than those already mentioned got to Be the 67 league cup final. The lazuraus come back was the graetest seen since lazuraus 0000 AD

Comment

Comment

Best QPR comeback ever?

Easy

From relegation and administration when Sir Ollie only had 7 or so players on contract.
                        What that man achieved with all he had to contend with off the pitch is nothing short of a miracle
                        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Well it won't be Neil returning here now will it.
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

the greatest

the greatest ever comeback was without doubt

SIR NEIL WARNOCK TAKING QPR FROM A RELEGATION SIDE TO A PREM SIDE HE DID IT ON A SHOE STRING BUDGET

GETTING DERRY AND HILL ON A FREE TRANSFERS

HE ACHEIVED THIS EVEN WITHOUT ANY REAL TASTY STRIKERS

AND WHAT WAS HIS REWARD

ONE MILLION POUND AND A KICK UP THE BACKSIDE
                            but neil we will never forget your big smile
                            and look forward to seeing leeds going up into the prem
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                              Best QPR comeback ever?

Easy

From relegation and administration when Sir Ollie only had 7 or so players on contract.
                              What that man achieved with all he had to contend with off the pitch is nothing short of a miracle
                              Great shout LBlock

Comment

Working...
                              X