Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
    All fashion and big bucks now mate..
    Thats the thing that doesnt make financial sense mate. Clubs are losing far more money now as a result, by having to have much larger squads.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      Footwear and the hardness of the ground now are major reasons..
      Pitches are harder?, that would seem strange as there nearly all heated and many are drenched with water before and at half time.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
        Exactly, 1 goal... Rather play a youth team player
        Oh come on. He's been injured most of the season. He looked really good in the first half vs Wigan.

And you'd rather play some kid straight out of park football vs Colchester U18s than DJ? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          We finished 2nd in the premier league (old 1st division) back in '76 and used a total of about 15 players for the entire season...oh how times have changed.
          Players were much tougher, more fitter, back then. Most could play a grueling 46plus games a season with their eyes closed.
          That lot we've got now, right bunch of girls blouses the lot of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
            Players were much tougher, more fitter, back then. Most could play a grueling 46plus games a season with their eyes closed.
            Tougher yes, fitter, I doubt it.

Basically, just a fit bunch of fairies today

Last edited by cross it Dave; 14-02-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

One injury after another with this team .No tackles or sudden movement on the training pitch .

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                True. I forgot to add that not only were the squads vastly smaller but they played more games per season too with the larger sized division, and it was virtually the same 11 that played every week in the year we finished runners-up.
                Last edited by Stanley; 14-02-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  Tougher yes, fitter, I doubt it.

Basically, just a fit bunch of fairies today

I've not seen any evidence to back up the theory that players are more fitter now, than back in the day when I was a kid on the terraces.
                  If anything, quite the opposite.
                  But you still could be right, just a fit bunch of fairies sounds about right.

Comment

Pitches are harder?, that would seem strange as there nearly all heated and many are drenched with water before and at half time.
                    Pitches are watered on top for fast flowing football, so the ball skids along the top. But you don't see pitches churning up anymore do you, say like the pitches used to in the 80s or 90s? That's because there much harder under neath and have much less give in them , worse for the joints ankles knees etc.. As for fitness the players are much fitter now, its why they are so susceptible to injures because there so fit there bodies are on the verge of letting go all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjack92 View Post
                      One injury after another with this team .No tackles or sudden movement on the training pitch .
                      Not many to speak of during matches ether.

Comment

I agree they are fitter or should be, do you think these blades they wear today contribute to knee twists etc.

Comment

I agree they are fitter or should be, do you think these blades they wear today contribute to knee twists etc.
                          Absolutely, yes...

Comment

And falling over. Is it just me that thinks certain players (SWP being 1) seem to flipping fall over all the time when they go to run/turn?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Not many to speak of during matches ether.
                              Haha i knew someone was gonna say that .

Comment

This kind of thing only ever happens to QPR. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X