Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawro's Prediction for Blackburn v QPR

Blackburn v QPR

This is a return to familiar ground for QPR boss Mark Hughes, who did well at Blackburn during his time in charge there.

Chris Samba was left out of Rovers' 7-1 defeat by Arsenal, despite again saying he was available. I think Blackburn boss Steve Kean has made his point now, after Samba had said he wanted to leave. I'd definitely be playing him this weekend, especially with Bobby Zamora up front for QPR.

The focus for Blackburn has to be on winning games, especially after that drubbing at the Emirates Stadium. They are without Gael Givet after his red card against the Gunners, which is another reason why Samba has to play here. If he does, I think Blackburn will get a big performance out of him, and I think they will get a win.

QPR looked in decent shape against Wolves last weekend until Djibril Cisse's needless red card, and his absence because of his moment of madness is another reason why I am going for a Rovers win here.

Cisse provides them with a cutting edge because of his pace, and his ability to run in behind defenders. If he was playing, it might be a completely different story at Ewood Park because he really does give you the ability to stretch defences. Zamora is a good striker, who holds the ball up really well, but he doesn't run in behind people.

Prediction: 2-1

Here are all 250 of Mark Lawrenson's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like based on his forecasts...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

What a c*nt...
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He is the premiers answer to Steve Claridge,always backs against us whatever.....tosspot !!!

Comment

I don't think he's ever predicted us to win has he? lol
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
          I don't think he's ever predicted us to win has he? lol
          Six times actually, but who's counting?

Oh...

I am.

Comment

yes but he also has both Macnhester clubs being undefeated up to this stage...

but think on the whole Lawro's been good with his predicitions. just hope he's wrong on this one.

He is no Steve C*****e that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
              What a c*nt...
              OMG !!!

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                He is the premiers answer to Steve Claridge,always backs against us whatever.....tosspot !!!
                You don't like hime much then
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

as much as people don't like him his predictions are only 1 point out on the table
                  for our games

Comment

Samba won't be playing though, I'm sure; and if he is he's sure to be a fifth column (pity we don't have the other four)

Comment

Doesn't he always predict a win for our opponents, home and away, irrespective of the team? The scary thing is that in most cases he is right.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

"Samba won't be playing though"

the QPR sods laws says he will play a blinder and score.
                        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Mark Lawrenson: "The focus for Blackburn has to be on winning games"

No sh*t Sherlock.

Comment

Working...
                          X