Spoke to Gianni Palladini tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke to Gianni Palladini tonight.

I stuck a note under his nose at half time in the VIP dining room at Wycombe about getting a new striker and reminding him of Beckfords scoring stats. Chatted for a couple minutes and he said QPR had offered £1.5m for Cox and been back 5 times to Leeds about Beckford and if I gave Palladini £4m he'd get him for QPR.I suggested he could get him for less as his contract expires in 10 months when he'd be available on a free.He also said he'd been after Fox whose now gone to Celtic. I also had the pleasure of meeting Nuffield from WATRB.I was amazed not more WATRB members went for the VIP offer tonight of car park,3 course dinner before kick-off programme,team sheet,VIP seat in stand,coffee and cakes at half time and back to the bar at full time all for only £30.

good snippet gee, well done. did you get the impression we were still looking for a striker and indeed another left back now fox has gone or that he was settling for what we have?

Comment

Nice one gee
      We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        good snippet gee, well done. did you get the impression we were still looking for a striker and indeed another left back now fox has gone or that he was settling for what we have?
        Maybe they are gonna go for the cheap option and play Connolly there permanent with Gorkks,Stewart and Hall being the main centre back's.

Comment

yeah i reckon they will stick with connolly as lb, which im ok with as long as they focus all their attention gettin someone **** hot for us up top.

Comment

Gianni wouldn't be drawn on the subject of strikers too much other than to say if I gave him the money he'd go out and buy one.As for a left back Connoly did well but feel he's a bit wasted in that position and got a small knock in the second half.His replacement Vignal seemed eager to please,over lapping and crossing well and keen to be involved in free kicks.Might fill that position quite well given time.

Comment

Yeah,i would rather invest in a good striker than a left back if we could only have one or the other.

Comment

But Pete and others say they aren't even going to get someone else in stone cold up front - that's why I'd be interested to hear from gee if Paladini hinted we were still actively looking, and more importantly prepared to spend (which BTW frustrates me about fox: he was regarded as the best left back outside the premiership, he was obviously going to go for a few quid - I wonder if we ever put in a serious offer or whether we just kinda mooched about hoping we might somehow pick him up for peanuts).

Comment

But Pete and others say they aren't even going to get someone else in stone cold up front - that's why I'd be interested to hear from gee if Paladini hinted we were still actively looking, and more importantly prepared to spend (which BTW frustrates me about fox: he was regarded as the best left back outside the premiership, he was obviously going to go for a few quid - I wonder if we ever put in a serious offer or whether we just kinda mooched about hoping we might somehow pick him up for peanuts).
                  I think you're right stainrod,other than loanees and freebies,they don't seem to want to spend THEIR money only OURS hence asking me to cough up for Beckford even though it was said in jest,and I personally don't think they spent anywhere near the £3.5m quoted for Faurlin,its all propoganda to appease the fans although I may be wrong.

Comment

Sounds like GP would love another striker but the funds arnt being made available to him.

Comment

Think you are right, but even if that were the case I think there are players we cd off-load (not saying in all cases I want to off-load them, simply saying given the choice between them and a striker who might score goals) such as agyman, mahon maybe, hogan, alberti, hall etc.

Also, as it now seems clear Faurlin didn't cost anything like £3.5m and weve sold dex and delaney, shouldn't there be a bit of cash swilling around? (and before someone says we are still running at a big loss, that is the case with just about every football club bar man utd).

Comment

You'd think with Mittal being worth god knows how many billions, £2-3m for a striker would be a peice of p.iss.

Comment

Maybe Flav and co are clawing back some of their investment.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                            You'd think with Mittal being worth god knows how many billions, £2-3m for a striker would be a peice of p.iss.
                            Indians are known for making money not spending it.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                              Indians are known for making money not spending it.
                              Thought that was Jews

Comment

Working...
                              X