Neil Warnock: My world has been turned upside down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Warnock: My world has been turned upside down

I was feeling pretty good last Saturday night.

To have come back from 1-0 down with 10 men at a club in such good form as MK Dons was a good effort which spoke volumes for the character in the side, especially as we haven't won an FA Cup game in 11 years! Then at 8.30 on Sunday morning I received a text from Phil Beard, QPR's chief executive, and I knew it was all over. The hardest 22 months of my career, but also the most rewarding, had come to an end.

More...

Didn't realise how much QPR meant to Neil. Top, top manager. Whatever he decides to do I wish him nothing but the best.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Teared up a bit reading that. What a legend.

Comment

With all due respect, he says that about every club he leave. Difference this time is that it's true. The man did good. Love him forever, just the same as Ollie.

Standard.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Nice read, back cheering on palace I see, wonder if he'll be so happy when we're winning?
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I've no doubt NW will be watching the game on the box on Sunday, with some sadness I'd guess.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              With all due respect, he says that about every club he leave. Difference this time is that it's true. The man did good. Love him forever, just the same as Ollie.

Standard.
              Warnock and Ollie are two managers for me who have done something positive in the last 20 years at W12, that I will remember for ever.

Comment

I felt Sad! Really sad reading it, the guy is a legend!!

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                  I felt Sad! Really sad reading it, the guy is a legend!!

Comment

Man up the lot of you lol. The man is a legend for what he did in the short amount of time at our club and will never be forgotten. But we're in a relegation battle if you hadn't noticed and whats done is done, so let's wipe our mouths and move on. U R'ssssssss

Comment

It's a shame it had to end like this as he has achieved a miracle with QPR since his arrival. Not only were the team in disaray and at risk of relegation to League 1, but there was a circus act behind the scenes to contend with.... thank god for Amit for a bit of calm and reality no doubt!

In my eyes he will always be a legend for what he has done for all of us. We now have restored pride, and respect from others as our great club is back where it definately belongs after far, far too long!

Good luck in what you do next Neil, whatever club takes you on will be better for it.

Comment

He did the best he could without having a premiership pedegree.
                        We all now hope Sparky takes us up the table with new players and tactics, but if he doesn't and we go down, I vote we sack Hughes and bring back Neil for the bounce back !

Comment

Not taking anything away from Neil Warnock but the guy is a PR master, he knows how to make you think.

And to be fair it did work, quite a sad read. QPR legend? I think so
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He was the guy who got us up,and that won't be forgotten

Comment

Legend... Plain and simple. Will wait for my email reply.
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X