Warnock got it wrong AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock got it wrong AGAIN

Why are we playing defensive at home? Must win game and we're playing like we're up against Barca. Why are we playing long ball despite them having a back four full of big horrible f*ckers? Heidar couldn't win headers and we had no plan B. Mackie was like a headless chicken first half and I'm not even sure why Derry was playing. Barton's set pieces were sh*t, who was it on here that said they were very very good and that was the sole reason he should play? Leave it out, awful again. Tarbs changed the game when he came on, why didn't he start? Bendtner run rings round us, we made him look like he was Messi, he was dribbling round our players like they weren't there. Warnock knew that they had big players, why did we have Connolly and Gabbidon at center half whilst Hall was on the bench? Gabbidon was f*cking attrocious, positioning disgraceful, distribution awful and he looked scared of Sessegnon. Connolly was too lightweight and Bendtner kept winning everything in the air. Bendtner had a free header and our marking was attrocious. Took off SWP despite wanting to use counter attack, kept on his lovechild Mackie who has no technical ability but tries hard (fair play he got a goal) but put SWP on the left for the last bit of the first half. Wrong starting XI, wrong tactics, wrong subs. Starting to lose faith in Warnock, he should be worrying about his position soon.
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 22-12-2011, 12:03 AM.

Originally posted by DelTrotter;759441[B
    ]Why are we playing defensive at home?[/B] Must win game and we're playing like we're up against Barca. Why are we playing long ball despite them having a back four full of big horrible f*ckers? Heidar couldn't win headers and we had no plan B. Mackie was like a headless chicken first half and I'm not even sure why Derry was playing. Barton's set pieces were sh*t, who was it on here that said they were very very good and that was the sole reason he should play? Leave it out, awful again. Tarbs changed the game when he came on, why didn't he start? Bendtner run rings round us, we made him look like he was Messi, he was dribbling round our players like they weren't there. Warnock knew that they had big players, why did we have Connolly and Gabbidon at center half whilst Hall was on the bench? Gabbidon was f*cking attrocious, positioning disgraceful, distribution awful and he looked scared of Sessegnon. Connolly was too lightweight and Bendtner kept winning everything in the air. Bendtner had a free header and our marking was attrocious. Took off SWP despite wanting to use counter attack, kept on his lovechild Mackie who has no technical ability but tries hard (fair play he got a goal) but put SWP on the left for the last bit of the first half. Wrong starting XI, wrong tactics, wrong subs. Starting to lose faith in Warnock, he should be worrying about his position soon.

Comment

we've been playing long ball all season....has no one else realised!? did it against all the clubs - even when we were "running down the wings"...it was long balls to the corner. don't know why people are shocked by it. we did it with "cargiant" on our shirts and haven't changed.

Comment

Not happy...

Comment

I was quite shocked at the team selection last night. I looked at the team sheet and found no one partnering HH. NW did this at the start of the season with Bothroyd and he struggled.

I didn't like the five-man midfield either. It sends out the wrong signals to the opposition. It's saying 'we'll defend, then try to hit you on the break'. We were playing a struggling team at home and used defensive tactics. Maybe NW thought about going for a draw from the start to at least get something on the board.

I'm beginning to wonder why we bought SWP. NW rarely plays him in his natural position, and when he doesn't perform in a different position, he's hauled off. IMHO, SWP is a better right winger than Mackie, but NW obviously sees it differently.

If we had been of an attacking mind, surely Hill should have played at left back and Traore moved to left midfield, but I feel the whole balance of the team is upset trying to accommodate Mackie.

I can't get my head around how Jay was brought on ahead of DJ. People praise Jay for his ability to 'hold the ball up to bring in midfielders' but NW had already taken off one of our better attackers, SWP.

O'Neil completely outfoxed NW yesterday and I'm beginning to get a little concerned at his tactical ability at this level. We all complain that championship players won't perform in the EPL, are we surprised a championship manager appears to be underperforming? If we don't think some players can make the step up, does this apply equally to the manager?

Let's see what he does in the transfer market next month, but I'm a little sceptical right now.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Warnock has always said we will play attacking football and take it to the opposition in a similar way to blackpool. Last night was the complete opposite, games against the teams around us at home in particular are must win games. How he started Derry over Taarabt is ridiculous to me. Adel showed his class against utd and again last night so must start vs swansea. Derry slows things up for us, his first half display was awful. SWP didn't do too much in the 1st half but I would have kept him on, attacking threat down the right whereas Barton is wasted out there. At 2-1 down DJ Campbell was about to come on, then we scored and warnock told him to sit back down. This was the wrong move imo, should have got him on and really taken it to sunderland.

Leaving the ground you could just tell warnock would say he would sign players in january and needs money. Cant just use that all the time
            CHAMPIONS
            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Working...
            X