Transfer rumours and paper review with Darren Lewis: Tuesday, December 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer rumours and paper review with Darren Lewis: Tuesday, December 13

Daily Mirror journalist takes us through all the latest news and views from the backpages

More...

Three things in that I found interesting - first kaka poss going to Spurs, might that just free up Defoe (prob not, but at least a possibility)? second alex ferguson is apparently interested in nathaniel clyne from Palace (given our Palace connections I wonder if Neil will have a dabble, not that right back is a priority)? and third we are being linked with zamora for £10m - is that way over the top for a 30-year-old who the odd England appearance aside has never quite hit the heights, or have I just been stuck watching championship football too long and that is the going rate for a current england international???? seems crazy money to me when defoe is supposedly being talked about for the same kind of fee. And even if that is the going rate, can you really see our club spending that kind of money - even with our new owners? I'm struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Three things in that I found interesting - first kaka poss going to Spurs, might that just free up Defoe (prob not, but at least a possibility)? second alex ferguson is apparently interested in nathaniel clyne from Palace (given our Palace connections I wonder if Neil will have a dabble, not that right back is a priority)? and third we are being linked with zamora for £10m - is that way over the top for a 30-year-old who the odd England appearance aside has never quite hit the heights, or have I just been stuck watching championship football too long and that is the going rate for a current england international???? seems crazy money to me when defoe is supposedly being talked about for the same kind of fee. And even if that is the going rate, can you really see our club spending that kind of money - even with our new owners? I'm struggling.
      Totally agree about Zamora mate. Wouldnt mind him coming as I think hes a good player, but for £10Mill?! No thanks.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
      X