No announcement yet.

no excuse's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all looked like bad dives to me and I had perfect face-on view. I shouted out "Timber!" for Bothroyds cos it was so late, feeble and slow. At least Jay sheepishly got up but Ali spent quite a while feigning injury and milking it which made him look silly.

Comment

Instructions from on high perhaps.

Comment

The Bothroyd one yes, the Faurlin no.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Just read back my post now sober, makes hardly any sense. Was no
          Penalty as dived.

Comment

Can never quite understand it when this happens. The ref has two choices:
            1) Its a penalty
            2) Its a booking for diving
            Simples!
            Talking of diving, just watched the Suarez perfect "6" for the foul that Bellamy put into the side netting. Absolute disgrace of a dive. If tv evidence was used for retrospective bookings, this fella would play about 6 games a season. He is shameless!

Comment

Originally posted by dodge-stoke-r View Post
              Can never quite understand it when this happens. The ref has two choices:
              1) Its a penalty
              2) Its a booking for diving
              Simples!
              Its actually not that simple.

For a ref to book a player for diving he is essentially saying he's a cheat. So if there remains the slightest doubt in his mind that he may be wrong then he's not going to do it, especially in front of a loud and partisan crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Its actually not that simple.

For a ref to book a player for diving he is essentially saying he's a cheat. So if there remains the slightest doubt in his mind that he may be wrong then he's not going to do it, especially in front of a loud and partisan crowd.
                Sorry mate but it is that simple. When the ref gives a decision he gives it because there is no doubt in his mind. For the Faulin incident, for example, he went down like he had taken a bullet to the chest to be honest. If the ref thought it wans't a foul and that's what he must have thought because he didn't give it, then he has to book Faulin for diving. As for the crowd, they shouldn't come into it. Plus the only loudness yesterday was coming form the away end.

Comment

Originally posted by dodge-stoke-r View Post
                  Sorry mate but it is that simple. When the ref gives a decision he gives it because there is no doubt in his mind. For the Faulin incident, for example, he went down like he had taken a bullet to the chest to be honest. If the ref thought it wans't a foul and that's what he must have thought because he didn't give it, then he has to book Faulin for diving. As for the crowd, they shouldn't come into it. Plus the only loudness yesterday was coming form the away end.
                  Agreed, when its in the penalty box, like in this case. When its outside the box its not as simple a call to make.

Comment

I have to say I find it quite suprising how a lot of bigger teams for the lack of a better description often get decisions go their way. Refs seem to be very reluctant to give decisions against them, excluding the chelsea game. Liverpools defenders were bear hugging Mackie et al and shoving them around the gaff, as soon as Kuyt and his felloe synchronised swimmers got their scuba gear on theyd get awarded a free kick. I realise you just have to take these things with a pinch of salt, but sometimes cant help feeling agrieved by it sometimes.

Comment

Agger was all over Bothroyd in the 1st half and rightly got a yellow card, as did Bellamy 2nd half.

I thought the ref had a good game overall.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                        but should it have been a pen on faurlin near the end??
                        that is not to overshadow a poor performance in any way-the scousers desevered to have won by a greater margin. thought cerny had a blinder-got a lot of grief on here in the last cple of weeks but should be applauded for a great game-one of few!!was always an ask to get a result at anfield so lets not feel to down hearted
                        Yeah, but for Cerny, it could have been almost, if not just as, embarrassing as the debacle at Foolham.
                        Pity, because the team has what it takes to give anyone a run for their money in this division, and at Liverfool they let themselves, the club, and the fans down.

Comment

Working...
                        X