Interesting article by Dave McIntyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article by Dave McIntyre

QPR confirm the departure from Loftus Road of controversial former club chairman Gianni Paladini.

Especially the bit that says :

He used the internet to boost his support and image etc.

Is the article implying that this site was designed in the 1st place to back Paladini..

Mods please don't move as I want a discussion on the article and what is meant by the website/Internet being used by Paladini?

"The Briatore-led buy-out, which was secured largely by lawyer Kevin Steele – a lifelong QPR fan who at the time was on the R’s board – saw millions pumped into the club with Paladini keeping his position as chairman"

paladini was not as important as some made out then? hmmm

Comment

That was the other point I was going to mention, can anyone shed any light on this?

Comment

Kevin is a good lad. And without looking to back Gianni as that's way off the truth, a lawyer will always be involved. GP was the one who allegedly brought them here.

Still, plenty of vultures circling to have a dig at Pete's expense. Sure, he's brought much on himself for championing GP, but I could see this coming.

Oh well, whatever makes us happy.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Do you think mCintyre is a vulture benny? The article seems very "to the point"

Comment

Not saying that Jeff. Just saying there are plenty waiting to get involved. It's not gonna take long, is it?

Comment

Yes you are right, I guess the question is "how much is what mac wrote true?"
              Most of the people ain't on here now that gave Pete grief anyhow.

Comment

In fairness, I'm about the only person who sees any middle ground here. Some love the man in a cringeworthy way, whilst others hate him mainly from hearsay. Not many really know the truth, which is why I don't get too involved where he's concerned. I feel he's a clown, but I don't believe he's as malicious as some make out.

Maybe my view is based on the fact that I couldn't give a s**t about the bloke either way. I'm pleased he's gone though as hopefully this over run debate will start to die off soon.

Either way, he was the last piece of a rough recent chapter in the clubs history. Hopefully we progress now and continue to build our reputation back up.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  Kevin is a good lad. And without looking to back Gianni as that's way off the truth, a lawyer will always be involved. GP was the one who allegedly brought them here.

Still, plenty of vultures circling to have a dig at Pete's expense. Sure, he's brought much on himself for championing GP, but I could see this coming.

Oh well, whatever makes us happy.
                  isn't mr steele in the dock at this very moment in time on a conspiracy to defraud trial?

Comment

Glad hes gone , never conducted himself in the manner of someone in his position. C u Gianni , can we talk about something else now?

Comment

Originally posted by ProtestR View Post
                      isn't mr steele in the dock at this very moment in time on a conspiracy to defraud trial?
                      Over quite a lot of dough from what I know. Early days yet. I know next to nothing about the trial if I'm honest.

Comment

18 million big ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                          http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...ini-departure/

Is the article implying that this site was designed in the 1st place to back Paladini..

Mods please don't move as I want a discussion on the article and what is meant by the website/Internet being used by Paladini?
                          Jeffro very happy to let this and other threads runs. Pete no longer has any active involvement in this site (though he is free to post if he wishes). I personally have never had any strong views on Gianni as think he did do some good things for the club - like get the rich boys involved - but he also made us a total embarassment at different times.

All I ask is that all posters remember there are such things as libel laws, so criticise away but be sure of your facts and think whether you can prove what you say, whether for or against Paladini. Many thanks

Comment

I didn't help him out with that one by the way
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I guess the easiest way to approach this issue is by identifying which sites/MBs/forums etc focussed on GP. Then looking at which of those sites consistently pushed and peddled stories and views that presented GP in a favourable light.

I'd suggest that narrows down the pro GP internet outlets VERY significantly.

Shame that Dave Mc can't be a little more open at this stage in identifying exactly who he is talking about. However I'm sure that won't take too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X