What was the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the year?

Seeing as Gus Caesar got so many metions in Facto's worst 11 thread what was the year when we had Gus Caesar on loan, we were away to Wimbledon in the Plough Lane days on a bad run of defeats, the R's were 2-0 down and we singing 2-0, 2-0 were only losing 2-0 every one else scores three were only losing 2-0?

Wimbledon also went on to score the third!!!

Was it when Trevor Francis was a player?

89/90 and it was at man. City we sang that as it was to the blue moon tune, the City fans were struck dumb by it.

Comment

i remember gus caesar being well frit of fash that game
      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
      London Pride is a flower that's free.
      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loftboy View Post
        89/90 and it was at man. City we sang that as it was to the blue moon tune, the City fans were struck dumb by it.
        Spot on Loftboy,i was there signing along and city didnt know what the f**k was going on

Comment

It was 1990-1991, one of the coldest days ever experienced standing there!

Our team that day was......

Roberts, bardsley, sansom, caesar, herrara, Wilson, Wilkins, barker, falco, wegerle, winton sub used. McCarthy for herrara.

We were shocking! And for some reason this stands out as being the worst ever game for me! My toes were soooooo cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirlench View Post

Roberts, bardsley, sansom, caesar, herrara, Wilson, Wilkins, barker, falco, wegerle, winton sub used. McCarthy for herrara.

We were shocking! And for some reason this stands out as being the worst ever game for me! My toes were soooooo cold!
            It had to be the 89/90 game because Trevor Francis was our manager for the awful run, he commented after the game about how good our fans were.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirlench View Post

Yes your right it was the 90/91 season and Gus only played 5 games.

Comment

Working...
              X