Train tickets for Stoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train tickets for Stoke

Just got mine here - http://www.redspottedhanky.com and paid £11.50 on the way there and £15 on the way back. will be tight though because the cheapest train on the way back leaves at 17:12 so will probably have to leave the game a bit early.

also a tip for otherds yet to book train. dont do it one big order, i've got it for £30 there n back by simply buying each leg of the journey separately.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
      Just got mine here - http://www.redspottedhanky.com and paid £11.50 on the way there and £15 on the way back. will be tight though because the cheapest train on the way back leaves at 17:12 so will probably have to leave the game a bit early.
      Mate, you do know the ground is over 2 miles away so you would probably miss most of the 2nd half so I don't think that would be worth it!

Info courtesy of http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

By Train

Stoke station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so unless you are feeling fit, it maybe best to hire a taxi. Tim Rigby a visiting Wolves fan adds 'there are some shuttle buses than run from Glebe Street in Stoke up to the Britannia Stadium, which depart every 15 minutes before kick off. There are return buses after the game back to Glebe Street from behind the Sentinel (East) Stand'.

Björn Sandström adds; 'To catch this bus, turn right from the station and head down Station Road. At the bottom of Station Road at the traffic lights, turn right to go along Leek Road (A52). Then go straight across the A500 dual carriageway and into Glebe Street which is straight across in front of you. You should then see the line of buses that will take you to the stadium. It is only about a five minute walk from the station'. The shuttle bus costs for a return ticket £3 Adults, £2 Concessions.

Colin Bell adds; 'It took us less than 30 minutes to walk to the stadium from the station, using this route: Turn right from the station and head down Station Road. At the lights, turn right along Leek Road (A52), under the railway line and then left down on to the tow path of the Trent & Mersey Canal. Follow the tow path all the way until you are level with the stadium, where two footbridges take you over the canal and then the railway line, straight into the ground near the South Stand away end.'

Comment

As said above the ground is a decent walk from station! Also don't think Taxis go up to the ground after the game, they put on buses but they don't leave until at least 15 mins after full time.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
          Mate, you do know the ground is over 2 miles away so you would probably miss most of the 2nd half so I don't think that would be worth it!

Info courtesy of http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

By Train

Stoke station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so unless you are feeling fit, it maybe best to hire a taxi. Tim Rigby a visiting Wolves fan adds 'there are some shuttle buses than run from Glebe Street in Stoke up to the Britannia Stadium, which depart every 15 minutes before kick off. There are return buses after the game back to Glebe Street from behind the Sentinel (East) Stand'.

Björn Sandström adds; 'To catch this bus, turn right from the station and head down Station Road. At the bottom of Station Road at the traffic lights, turn right to go along Leek Road (A52). Then go straight across the A500 dual carriageway and into Glebe Street which is straight across in front of you. You should then see the line of buses that will take you to the stadium. It is only about a five minute walk from the station'. The shuttle bus costs for a return ticket £3 Adults, £2 Concessions.

Colin Bell adds; 'It took us less than 30 minutes to walk to the stadium from the station, using this route: Turn right from the station and head down Station Road. At the lights, turn right along Leek Road (A52), under the railway line and then left down on to the tow path of the Trent & Mersey Canal. Follow the tow path all the way until you are level with the stadium, where two footbridges take you over the canal and then the railway line, straight into the ground near the South Stand away end.'
          ah **** saw the shuttle service and just presumed id be able to catch one of those. looks like im leaving on 85mins and running back to the station - good job im a fit lad

thanks mate

Comment

can't see the shuttle bus leaving early for a few qpr to get to stn...also those buses will fill quickly as on stoke side of fencing!

if it's like reading it'll take ages to get on and leave....
            and believe me stoke fans will happily dish out slaps, orrible place and people.

Comment

Working...
            X