What is it with Free kicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with Free kicks?

When we have a free kick i have absolutely no excitement at all, it has now got to the stage where i pretty much write that attack off as wasted from that point.
    Other teams all seem to have a 'freekick taker' and a lot of goals come out of them one way or another but with us it either hits the wall or flies over the bar.
    they really need to address this in training surely Neil must have noticed this.

To tell you the truth i can't even remember the last time we scored directly from a free kick, it's that bad.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

buzsaky is our best set piece taker and by some mile too. barton is good for crosses and corners. faurlin is hit and miss with his freekicks. some go agonisingly close other way wide/over
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I mean take Adels free kick against the **** last week just after the 1st sending off, ok looked good bending it towards the top corner, but it didn't challenge cech at all, it was weak, i don't think cech even had to dive to save it. Just not good enough imo.
      Queens Park Rangers

Comment

a couple of seasons back we were pretty good in the air with Gorkss and Fitz. but now one's gone and the other is , well, the other is Fitz.
        I remember a game - against Bristol was it? we score 2 headers from corners in maybe the first 15mins.
        never been any good since.
        Yesterday we had a good positional free kick - i don't even think i moved when it was shot...it was never going in.

Comment

Agree entirely. Corners are also as ineffective and weak.

I think the last time we scored from a free-kick was Taarabt's goal vs. Derby away when we won 4-2.

Highlight here:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qMAP3JnmM

Comment

Ok i know it was when he was at plymouth but here's a couple of Akos scorchers v Norwich which would come in handy when we play them in a few weeks.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyCeS...eature=related
            Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Working...
            X