Warnock - Barton out of order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
    The mixture of Barton and Warnock is starting to concern me.

I thought that Warnock was the right kind of guy for Barton (perhaps he is) but I underestimated the real power of Barton, and the fact, that he doesn't really even have control over it himself.

That power is the media. They seem to hang on his every word. Even the slightest thing is instantly blown out of proportion. For someone with strong opinions and his own agenda (but with a bit of a 'loose gob' at times, shall we say) that really does look quite dangerous. Perhaps it's overly dramatic to say it could de-stabilise the club, but perhaps not.

You can definitely see the potential for fractious times ahead. Hope I'm wrong !
    By far the best post on the subject; QPR is the show, not Warnock and Barton.
    Sooner or later there's gonna be a real punchline; who's gonna be on the end of it??!!

Comment

Don't think Joey should criticize Adel in public,but can't believe he's done it for any other reason than to try and motivate Adel.
      If there's one man in football that knows the power of commenting publicly it's JB.

Comment

I think Neil's made a big mistake naming Barton captain. It's not like he didn't already have an inflated sense of self-importance.

Comment

Again public comments. Sort it out in the dressing room Warnock. Why is he using the media to reply?
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
            Again public comments. Sort it out in the dressing room Warnock. Why is he using the media to reply?
            Neil definitely needs to learn a bit of discretion.

Comment

I'm fed up with hearing either Joey Barton's or Neil Warnock's name every time QPR are mentioned. They make it so easy for the media in this country by just giving quote after quote that can be manipulated and blown out of proportion.

Be more like Tony Pulis, David Moyes or Pardew and just get on with the job, keep things in house and do your talking on the pitch.

Comment

They should all stop digging at each other and giving the media easy headlines.

NW about JB
                JB about Adel
                NW about Traore
                Adel about everything.

When did Barton go on record as saying he never wanted to join us ?
                I've not seen that comment, unless your referring to him stating he didn't want to leave Newcastle before we signed him.

If so, Torres doesnt want to play for Chelsea, Carroll for Liverpool ?
                Both said similar and most footballer say similar so they are not the ones seen to be seeking tge move ( financial penalties) and keeping in with fans.

Comment

Adel did not want to join QPR FC, but as we were his only option and he was frozen out of Spurs, he did. No different to the way Joey Barton joined us in many ways, apart from the fact Joey Barton playing for the first team.
                  Last edited by paulmason; 18-10-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

The only people who should be allowed to publicity slate Adel is us the fans, Warno the boss and Tony the owner. everyone else should shut their gobs.

Comment

the club needs a pr lesson, ffs we all just thought this media circus had ended with tony joining and if anything its getting worse for all the wrong reasons

some time out the spotlight for all is really called for

posted somewhere else it reminds me a bit of ollies last few months with us where he was so busy being a media favourite (by favourite i mean good value and contentious)he forgot about being a manager

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                        TaarabT Abdel

Comment

Personally think Barton needs to concentrate on his own game before slating others. Saturday he was shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            Personally think Barton needs to concentrate on his own game before slating others. Saturday he was shocking.
                            Far from shocking. Not great, but not shocking. I like to keep a close eye on players I feel get unwarranted stick, and Saturday Barton did a fair bit. Covered the RB slot on several occasions, got in behind Derry when he uncharacteristically went missing, showed for the ball whenever he could and put in a decent shift. Played a few poor passes, but he also played some great balls in from open play as well as deadball situations. I promise you this is true.

I didn't think much of him at Villa and thought he was very poor against Fulham, but barring Adel, Orr and the cameo by Mackie...who wasn't?

I genuinely think too many people are finding it far too easy to criticise our captain. Maybe it's because of his past, or the fact they don't like the cut of his jib? I don't know, but he's getting far too much OTT criticism. Sometimes a players face doesn't fit. Poor Ramage had the same problem. Not saying he was a great player, but he's nowhere near as bad as many made out. I honestly think that Barton isn't ever going to win some fans over, which I find silly. How is a man supposed to settle without support?

Take the other man for instance. Does as he pleases, and can still do no wrong. Heroes and villians. QPR always have them, and no matter what they do, their status rarely seems to change within the club.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              Far from shocking. Not great, but not shocking. I like to keep a close eye on players I feel get unwarranted stick, and Saturday Barton did a fair bit. Covered the RB slot on several occasions, got in behind Derry when he uncharacteristically went missing, showed for the ball whenever he could and put in a decent shift. Played a few poor passes, but he also played some great balls in from open play as well as deadball situations. I promise you this is true.

I didn't think much of him at Villa and thought he was very poor against Fulham, but barring Adel, Orr and the cameo by Mackie...who wasn't?

I genuinely think too many people are finding it far too easy to criticise our captain. Maybe it's because of his past, or the fact they don't like the cut of his jib? I don't know, but he's getting far too much OTT criticism. Sometimes a players face doesn't fit. Poor Ramage had the same problem. Not saying he was a great player, but he's nowhere near as bad as many made out. I honestly think that Barton isn't ever going to win some fans over, which I find silly. How is a man supposed to settle without support?

Take the other man for instance. Does as he pleases, and can still do no wrong. Heroes and villians. QPR always have them, and no matter what they do, their status rarely seems to change within the club.
                              Best and most sensible post Ive read in a while there Benny
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

TBF Benny I've been a bit too eager to get on his back. For me, it was the fact that he is earning so much more than most of those around him, all the hype that surrounded him when he joined and the way that he talked such a good game. At Fulham I watched him have an awful game and I wondered what we had got ourselves into by signing him.

However , against Blackburn I realised that over the course of the season and when we are scrapping for our lives in this division- HE WILL BE A MASSIVE PLAYER. He always wants the ball, talks others through the game, loves a tackle and most importantly has seen it all before.

He has been a top draw prem player for City and Newcastle , two huge teams, for the best part of 10 years. He needs to settle, NW needs to find his best position and the fans need to get behind him.

I certainly will on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X