and always your very presence will instill
    fear into the opposition i know you will

so thats it you have been told of by qprted
    i want to see yet another tattoo on your shaven head
    it will say,beat me in the air and your end up dead
    and your name will be revered as a hero instead
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Ted....you're talent is wasted on here mate....Quality post.....

Comment

Even the Poet Laureate would struggle to make a poem about FitzHall;arise, Sir Ted!

Comment

well

well

alf mancini the man who could box,he called everone loves
        i had many a pint with him in the golden gloves
        but it was terry whos smile,lit up highbury stadium
        he was such a charactor when he played it was like the london palladium
        he once appeared with a blond wig,whos that we asked,the new center half
        when we realised we all of us had a fantastic laugh
        i was born at number 97 fulham palace road my dad cut alfys hair
        that was his only claim to fame to be fair
        one day when they were going to make me leave the pub i was very drunk
        i said TERRY DONT BAN ME MY DAD WAS THAT OLD SKUNK
        so wonderfull mancinis you knew me when i was only one year old
        even then i didnt do what i was told
        but thanks for the memories of johny bindon and the like
        ive finished my poem now ,wheres my bike

More...

Comment

i was wondering how you were going to pull off the Highbury stadium line....

Well done...ever thought of printing in one of the magazines ?!!!

Comment

You've a great history and great memories there Ted.
            The Mancinis were characters from a time when life seemed simpler and clearer than today. Terry was held in high esteem by fans from all the clubs he played for which is a great sign. Just watched him on The Big Match with Rodney and Tel and it was brilliant, just pure non-cynical banter between them (I can't do links)

Comment

I am friends with Ernie Howe and he says he got stick from Rangers fans. But when you think about it, he played in at some really good teams at QPR and in the top division on a regular basis. Hardly comparable to Zesh or Fitz...But funny poem nonetheless!

Comment

actually

actually stedders i thi k that you are corrct ,i think ernie got a lot of stick,and actually he wasnt as bad as people think ,erm his major problem was his style used to be very lethargic,i seem to remeber him also being quite usefull at corners and getting some goals,unfortunately the goals he scored from corners used to be in our net

NO ONLY JOKING ERNIE WASNT SUCH A BAD PLAYER, I THINK THE WORST CENTRAL DEFENDER I HAVE EVER SEEN PLAY FOR RANGERS WAS ZESH REHMAN HE WAS UNBELEIVABLE,he was to football what i am to poetry

More...

Comment

Yeah Ernie was quite languid from clips I have seen but a top division defender.

Worst defender I have ever seen at QPR was Gus Caesar. Terrible!

Your poetry is marvellous, you should publish a little book of them. I say we petition the govt to get it on the GCSE curriculum!

Comment

well

well every now and then i do hit a good poem but if you put them all together i dont think there is enough idiasyncrasy about them,there are two many words that i use again and again,im more interested in being a singer than a poet ,so maybe i would like to be a song lyracist.......

BUT CENTER HALFS IS SOMETHING THAT MANY OF THE OLDER RANGERS WILL REMEMBER AS BEING OUR TERRIBLE WEAKNESS QPR HAVE ALWAYS FOUNDED SOME MARVELOUS GOALKEEPERS RON SPRINGETT DAVE SEAMAN PHIL PARKES THESE THREE ALL FULL ENGLAND INTERNATIONALS
                    but comming out of that 1966-67 season we all knew that ron hunt tony hazell bobby keetch ian watson,was our weakness and the introduction of vic mobley didnt seem to really do the buisness even dave webb and frank maclintock were not watertight
                    not untill the greatest manager who ever managed qpr came along did we really bring in class,yes venners already had glen roeder but he introduced steve wicks also docherty had got us bob hazell,terry then signed terry fenwick and the youth system sent up alan macdonald
                    so that was it really five brilliant center halfs this was to start a succession of brilliant center halfs darren peacock and paul parker,were added
                    and those seven center halfs were all brilliant,some of them sold for big money
                    but fenwick was sold for just 500 000 and of course he was yet another england full international

More...

Comment

I am a singer/songwriter, have had a couple of albums out etc. You should do it, you have a massive personality and you'd be great.

Comment

Fernades should make Ted a club-poet. On a huge salary as well!!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

i think a statue outside of loftus of our ted would be wonderful!
                          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                            i think a statue outside of loftus of our ted would be wonderful!

wow:pleasantsuprise:
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I

I HAD A STRANGE DESIRE TO WRITE A SONG WITH PETE DOCHERTY

but when i met him in real life at loftus road,hes really tall he must be 6ft 2 inches in height ,i could see he looked really uncomfortable becauase sadly for him he was getting a load of abuse of the rangers fans,so i just didnt feel i could approach him,he just seemed very self concous at the comments which were not very nice

but the thing that puts me off about writing is that you can spend three years writing a book and then there is no guarantee that any body will want it

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X