wolves away didnt do us any favours really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolves away didnt do us any favours really

i think it gave us a false sense of security,we felt after that,nothing could stop us,and of course we wwere wrong our problem now is to understand the prem although it may be one division,in fact we should think of it as three completely differant divisions

we need to set our stall out to meet the varying types of teams

chelsea man utd man city and spurs need real preparation

wolves, blackburn,west brom, swamsea ,wigan, etc may be beatable

the others who make up the middle section need many differant styles to beat them

fulham was a classic case of complacency,we should have gone there looking for a nil nil first half,then brought on some fire power from the bench in the second half,we aere playing the same system every game and we are getting sussed out,helgerson should have led the attack against fulham,botheroyde is only good enough to be a sub on present form
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Wolves did do us a favour in the fact it was 3 well earned and crucial points towards survival. Yes we all jumped on the bandwagon, and i personally still think we could finish mid table. However, until there is some distance later in the season, we must assume we are in a relegation survival battle and beat the teams we will be against in that mimi league. Wolves scrapped survival last year and are among that group, as are Wigan and i think Bolton who we lost against making the Wolves result more important.

We are all gutted about the result the other day, not only the dabacle of a performance, but the fact it was a local derby, but let;s not get ahead of ourselves, we had no realistic right to assume we'd get anything there. They got to the Europa league final 2 years ago FFS, and under Jol i think when they click (as they did against us) they will play a much better brand of football than when they got to that final. As much as i hate to say it, they are a good side, with some very good players in all areas and will i think be mid table. They had a £10.7m striker on the bench..... Says it all.

We need to clear our heads and knuckle down to business and win the next match against Blackburn, who it looks like this season will also be in that bottom mini league.

Comment

Yes Ted, we're very much Jekyll and Hyde so far this season. Three clean sheets with tight compact defence, a credible 1-1 against Newcastle, and then three defeats shipping 2 4 6 goals and looking uninterested and totally outclassed.
      Last season we had by far the best defence in the championship, conceding just 32 goals in 46 games; less than 2 every three games. So far 13 in 7, average of 2 per game. Yes I know it wasn't the PL but the teams who have whacked us so far are not the elite; will we need extra space on our scoreboard when we meet the big boys?

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        Wolves did do us a favour in the fact it was 3 well earned and crucial points towards survival. Yes we all jumped on the bandwagon, and i personally still think we could finish mid table. However, until there is some distance later in the season, we must assume we are in a relegation survival battle and beat the teams we will be against in that mimi league. Wolves scrapped survival last year and are among that group, as are Wigan and i think Bolton who we lost against making the Wolves result more important.

We are all gutted about the result the other day, not only the dabacle of a performance, but the fact it was a local derby, but let;s not get ahead of ourselves, we had no realistic right to assume we'd get anything there. They got to the Europa league final 2 years ago FFS, and under Jol i think when they click (as they did against us) they will play a much better brand of football than when they got to that final. As much as i hate to say it, they are a good side, with some very good players in all areas and will i think be mid table. They had a £10.7m striker on the bench..... Says it all.

We need to clear our heads and knuckle down to business and win the next match against Blackburn, who it looks like this season will also be in that bottom mini league.
        Superb post Del, agree 100% with all of that
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
        X