The real concern is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real concern is....

We were awful today, Can't remember a worse performance.

Whats really worrying me though is that we don't look like scoring and creating clear cut chances. We beat a poor Wolves team 3 nil, take that out and it doesn't look good.

My big concerns are:

We rely so much on SWP & Tarbs to make something, the problem is they both go missing in games.

Barton doesn't seem to know where to play, he drifts right, comes in the centre but doesn't actually have much of a creative impact anywhere?

JB won't hit double figures in a season. His hold up play is superb but a striker needs to score. Too often he ends up out wide when he should be in the middle looking to get on the end of crosses.

Today was a reality check. An incredibly harsh reality check, it also couldn't have come at a worse time with the international break coming now.

Does anyone else think we could really struggle for goals this season?

Agree with that.

Regarding Barton I'm sure he's probably just following orders but as you say he's not effective at the moment.

HH & DJ up front is the way forward for me. Heidur's strength & ability to win balls coupled with DJ's predatory instincts is a forward line that I can see getting goals.

Comment

Yes, goals will be a problem but we also looked lethargic. I was told one stat an hour ago by someone who watched on tv and we had one player in top 10 for yards covered during first half. Derry was woeful first half but then without him in the 2nd, we looked even worse. i'm at a loss to what we can do. I'm even losing faith in warnock. Labellling a 21 year old kid a disgrace one week and then talking about injuries the next.

Comment

James I got to
        Say I agree with you, warnock needs to sort it quick
        Think
        We need to change it for
        Blackburn and go with hh and dj we need to score goals

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
          James I got to
          Say I agree with you, warnock needs to sort it quick
          Think
          We need to change it for
          Blackburn and go with hh and dj we need to score goals
          Do we drop Adel? I think we have to, to play 2 up top. But I seriously worry about our creativity without adel. But then with him, we can only play one upfront. I also worry about Faurlin and tracking runners from midfield....he just doesn't do it.

Comment

Warnock didn't play two up front in the Championship through choice, to play two up this year means Taraabt, SWP, Faurlin or Barton needs to be on the bench unless one of those plays higher up the field as a second striker.

As well as we have played recently (before today!!) the number of people in the box when the crosses come in are just to few.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Do we drop Adel? I think we have to, to play 2 up top. But I seriously worry about our creativity without adel. But then with him, we can only play one upfront. I also worry about Faurlin and tracking runners from midfield....he just doesn't do it.
              No not drop adel have to pick 2 from 3 out of our cms , we need to win vs Blackburn otherwise we will be bottem 3 after our next 3 games after that game,

Comment

Originally posted by Sideshowrob View Post
                Warnock didn't play two up front in the Championship through choice, to play two up this year means Taraabt, SWP, Faurlin or Barton needs to be on the bench unless one of those plays higher up the field as a second striker.

As well as we have played recently (before today!!) the number of people in the box when the crosses come in are just to few.
                Or Derry , as well as we have played before today can count on one hand the saves oppo keepers have made

Comment

Side vs Blackburn, injuries permitting, IMO should be:

Kenny
                  Young Ferdinand Gabbidon Traore
                  SWP Faurlin Barton Buzz
                  Bothroyd DJ

Need to change the system to see hwo it works. Yes JB cannot score to save his life, but we all know his hold up and link up play is very good, so having him up top with DJ will, IMO, work well. Wouldnt mind seeing Heidur in JBs place though either, he doesnt get half the credit he deserves IMO.

adel has to be dropped. Nothing to do with performance as I think hes been doing well, but storming off at HT? Cant happen.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                  X