X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEIL WARNOCK coming up next on TalkSport - Live in 2mins

Quick peeps!!!

news is on,has it finished????
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Finished. For those that missed it he basically said...

TF has been a breath of fresh air. Talks of his relationship with the board, how they are both now big supporters. He basically gave them a list of player prior to the transfer window and their words were "Go get them all". Also praises Amit.

Spoke of Newcastle game and how good we was but just never took our chances. Everyone has been sooooo good in training. He was that worried that we have been so good he feared a kick in the teeth around the corner.

Spoke of SWP - how good he's been. Glad that we have a lot of local games now. The pull for him coming he joked was because his mum lives in London and he could be near her.

Keith Curle is very good at the defensive side. Working with Traore, Young, Ferdinand has been great.

NW said he rates Luke Young as the best RB's in the country at the minute and Traore will also become one of the best LB's in the country. Ferdinand is now at the perfect age to let his football do the talking now and that he has the potential now to really push on his career.

A little disappointed that the Joey Barton saga from the weekend has been splattered in the media and took away the limelight of what was a great performance by us.

Comment

Very interesting what he says about Traore. A while ago wenger thought he would develop into one of the world's best LBs, but as it turned out - tactically he didn't seem to develop the defensive side as well as hoped.

Wenger must have seen something and hopefully tactical, positining, defensive discipline etc can be coached into him. He has the raw talent already. I think he will prove to be a masterful signing.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

another thing....have you noticed just how much media time we are getting. I think only Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal are getting more media focus than us. Liverpool maybe at start and now they have been hammered.

Talksport don't seem to stop about QPR, I know the close links with NW and Birch help that, and we seem to be in the papers a lot too. It isn't just Premier League status and Joey talk - we are rock and roll football now.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

From what I understand, Arsenal do not have a defensive coach and it something that is causing unrest within their squad. Just hope that the deluded Frenchman keeps things that way at least until New Years Day!

Comment

Steve Bould is there defensive coach AFAIK.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I actually agree with Neil warnock. Most on here think joey did nothing wrong, and I agree the press have got far to excited about it but it definitely like Neil said took the gloss off what was a wonderful result and performance. I hope Joey thinks before making the next headlines in the paper. Yes they overreact but don't give them a reason to make up a story. Doesn't need to change his game and should continue to run the show.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Warnock: 'Fernandes has been a breath of fresh air for QPR'

More...

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                    Very interesting what he says about Traore. A while ago wenger thought he would develop into one of the world's best LBs, but as it turned out - tactically he didn't seem to develop the defensive side as well as hoped.

Wenger must have seen something and hopefully tactical, positining, defensive discipline etc can be coached into him. He has the raw talent already. I think he will prove to be a masterful signing.
                    Kind of have to agree with Wenger here. He is excellent at going forward but leaves a huge hole when he does. Luckily SWP see this a few times at the weekend and tracked back to cover until he bombed back. He is quite like Walker IMO. Thankfully so far teams haven't exploited that too much and hopefully it won't happen by the masses of Premiership Clubs. The likes of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Spur will be interesting to see how he fairs....

Comment

Agree dazzer but they aren't really the games we should look to be winning. Traore is the perfect player to cause lesser opposition problems. Perfect player to keep us away from relegation.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                        Steve Bould is there defensive coach AFAIK.
                        They were talking earlier about this and Steve Bould is working with the youth and not the first team by all accounts. They were saying bring back David Dein and get a 1st team defensive coach and things should improve.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Agree dazzer but they aren't really the games we should look to be winning. Traore is the perfect player to cause lesser opposition problems. Perfect player to keep us away from relegation.
                          Agree fella. A point from any of those games for me would be a delight. Arsenal on the other hand I feel are there for the taking at the minute. Come December it could be a little different - hope not thou

Comment

haha yeah I'd love a win against arsenal and with there defence there is always a chance. I think our strongest 11 could also cause chels cum some problems. That would make my season if we could beat them

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I actually agree with Neil warnock. Most on here think joey did nothing wrong, and I agree the press have got far to excited about it but it definitely like Neil said took the gloss off what was a wonderful result and performance. I hope Joey thinks before making the next headlines in the paper. Yes they overreact but don't give them a reason to make up a story. Doesn't need to change his game and should continue to run the show.
                              To be fair I wouldn't mind if all this comotion about Joey continued, it takes the pressure of the side, like Joey said on Goals On Sunday. This is a half full, half empty situation IMO. Don't want the media talking us up just yet otherwise it could turn into a big fall. Lets get to 40 points and then I'll look forward to the media saying 'Could QPR, last seasons top Championship side, produce an upset for the bookies and claim a UEFA Cup Qualification Place. Would be nice if this happens before the end of Jan too.

But Carlsberg & NW don't do miracles!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X