Malaysia's 'David Beckham' Safee Sali on trial at Cardiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysia's 'David Beckham' Safee Sali on trial at Cardiff

Striker Safee Sali is regarded as one of the best goalscorers in south-east Asia and the 27-year-old arrived in the Welsh capital this week to give Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay the chance to run the rule over him.

The marksman has an incredible 110 goals in 138 appearances in the Malaysian leagues and is currently at Indonesian club Pelita Jaya.

At international level for Malaysia he has 31 caps, firing 16 goals in the process.

The Bluebirds’ backers, Vincent Tan and Dato Chan Tien Ghee, fought off competition from Premiership QPR, also Malaysian-owned, to get Sali to South Wales.

Rangers manager Neil Warnock described Sali as the “David Beckham of Malaysian football”. Sali is sponsored by Nike and even has his own boots named after him by the sports giant.

Hard believe that Cardiff fought us of.....

Comment

" fought off competition from Premiership QPR "

I want to say one thing. If we wanted him we would of got him
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We don't need to buy an imitation! We can just go get the real one!!
        Oooooooohhhh!!! listen to me billy big b****cks QPR fan :strive:

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          " fought off competition from Premiership QPR "

I want to say one thing. If we wanted him we would of got him

Totally agree. Cant imagine we would have been outmuscled by a 2-bob Championship side like Cardiff.

No disrecpt to the lad, but I can see commercial value in signing him (ie even more interest and support frm Malaysia, shirt sales increased etc) but purely playing ability wise, I cant see him being much cop. Yes he has a decent goals to game ratio for Malaysia but, tbf, have a butchers at who he has been playing against ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohd_Sa...national_goals ) . With all due respect, I reckon theres players in my Sunday league side that'd pop a few past the likes of Mynamar, Laos, Iraq, Maldives, Pakistan and Vietnam given the opportunity!

As said in quoted post above; I have no doubt that if Warnock & Tony wanted him, we would have him.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If he was say 18 then it might be interesting but a 27 year old who has played terrible competition his whole career has no footballing value for this team.

Comment

Working...
            X