Beckham latest ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckham latest ??

Queens Park Rangers have opened discussions over a sensational swoop for David Beckham. New owner Tony Fernandes revealed his interest in the LA Galaxy midfielder on Twitter.

I really think this has legs, from our end anyway. Whether we would interest him is a completely different question.... The fact he wants to be fit for the Olympics will work in our favour i would think, as more likely to want to play in London than sign some ridiculously lucrative deal in Dubai or wherever.

Comment

I will buy a shirt with Beckham on if we sign him.!!

Comment

Agreed will the above posts.

I agree, I think it's got legs and I will also buy a Beckham shirt if he signs, the guys a total icon of English football!
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I think it has zero legs.
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
            I will buy a shirt with Beckham on if we sign him.!!

Comment

whatever happens,it will raise the profile of the club,Fernades and and Air Asia..all free publicity whether it comes off or not

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised as Becks will want to keep fit to get a place in the Olympics team, plus he'll want to stay in the London area. He doesn't need the money, that's for sure!
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Shirt sales, and global recognition. Good move by the club, if true.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Hope this doesn't happen. God only knows how much we'd spunk away on wages for him and I don't want our club to be known for these kind of gimmicks. Leave that to Blackburn and their chicken farmers.

Comment

I would imagine we will just have a Spurs situation and that he'll train with us but never actually officially sign - maybe even get a game for the reserves but nothing official.

Comment

would be a great move for us and his wages would pay themselves through sponsorships and shirt sales in the far east. win win situation.

Comment

Are we going for the record of the oldest group of players to have ever played for a side at one time in the prem?
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Chelsea have that record
                            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Felt - I don't think this is anywhere near as Gimmicky as Blackburn trying to sign the buck-toothed one.

Becks could do a good job for us - fabulous delivery on set pieces as well as still being a great and visonary passer. Never was pacey anyway.

Also - no one wants to go to Blackburn - have you been there???? It is a nothing wasteland. It is disgusting. We are in London and we are cool. So Becks woul be here for more reasons that Goofy would go to Blackburn. And money would not be the reason.

Come on - how amazing would it be to cheer Backs on for his debut appearance. He is one of the few players I really thing deserves every praise for what he has done and how he has gone about it.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X