Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see the LSA letter sent to Fernandes, on Petes FB group?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see the LSA letter sent to Fernandes, on Petes FB group?

One of the most patronising, self absorbed letters I have ever seen.
    Whoever the guy is, does NOT, speak on my behalf and I have been going regularly since 1986.
    Mr Fernandes and Mr Bhattia I trust you fully with our club, and don't let these busy, self important groups try to impose their non existent power onto you.

What did it say?
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

can you post a link jeff?
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

It's on Pete's support Tony and Amit page. It basically in my opinion talks to Tony like they are some important group within our club, when they are not, as proved in the Flab and Bernie episode, they have no power.
        One part says something like " I'm sure you understand that you are just the current custodian of OUR club" then something like " We will be wanting a meeting with you shortly to discuss ticket prices"
        Who the f@ck do they think they are?

Comment

Are you talking about the welcome letter? If so, that's a bit harsh, mate. I saw it somewhere, and I thought they were just stating their happiness at the way the new owners plan our future. Also, they finished saying they would stop the boycott of the club merchandise, which probably needed to be said due to the stance made towards the end of T&C's reign.

I agree that they aren't as powerful as they make out, but someone needs to speak on our behalf, and I'd rather it be them than some others.

Comment

Enlighten us Jeezy

Comment

I missed that first quote you mentioned. That's a bit of a s**tty thing to say to our new owners.

Comment

Well for a start the statement is by John Reid who is the Secretary of the LSA and not Petes work and also to be honest I cannot see anything much wrong with it?

"QPR LSA welcomes Mr Tony Fernandes to our Club and also welcomes the return of Mr Amit Bhatia as Vice Chairman.
                Our members are pleased of the talk of investing in a youth academy as well as talk of strengthening our squad. We are also pleased that Mr Warnock will be able to continue building on his excellent achievements.
                We are sure that Mr Fernandes is aware that he is the custodian of our long history and we hope and trust that he forwards and protects the interests of our great club.
                The LSA, also, as the oldest independent supporters organisation in the country is a custodian of the interests of our club and its supporters.
                We look forward to working with our new owner and hopefully will be able to meet with him in the near future to discuss ticket pricing and other issues that affect our fans.

Welcome to the QPR family Mr Fernandes.

We welcome today's statement by our new owners that significant price reductions and refunds on season tickets will be given to supporters.

We now suspend and call off our boycott of club merchandise and publications.

John Reid
                Secretary
                QPR
                Loyal Supporters' Association"

Comment

just read it and its pretty patronising. the LSA have no power whatsoever.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I can't get it from my i phone. Basically some geezer called John Reid who I have never heard of posted it. Maybe Pete can link it up?

Comment

Hang on a minute.

Are you a member of the LSA? If NOT, then they don't represent you!

They are the largest supporters group we have with over 1,000 members! A large percentage of our support.

They follow the club everywhere. 3 coaches to Everton and 2 coaches to Wigan. They are some of the most loyal fans we have.

If you read the letter properly you will see it says they welcome Tony Fernandes and want a partnership where there can be in dialogue with the fans over issues like ticketing. If it wasn't for the LSA you might not have a club to support! It could well have been Fulham Park Rangers that you'd be supporting!

And one of the founder members of the LSA is being buried on Thursday and a very large number of Rangers fans will be there.

The LSA just want what's best for the club as the fans will ALWAYS be here.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

ninja isleworth is part of that group so u should tread careful mate
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

oh and hammersmith
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I never said it was Petes work, just said it was on a group he set up. I think it's patronising.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              I can't get it from my i phone. Basically some geezer called John Reid who I have never heard of posted it. Maybe Pete can link it up?

If you want to raise any issues with the LSA then you are more than welcome to come and see them on any match day before home games in the Springbok. They are all very welcoming. You will probably know some of the LSA committee members. Many on here will know them. They will be happy to talk to you about any of your grievances.
                              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Working...
                              X