• Ins & Outs.

Our hypothetical transfer sum-up.

IN:
    DJ Campbell, Blackpool (£1.25m).
    Jay Bothroyd, (Free agent).
    Daniel Gabbidon, (Free agent).
    Bruno Perone, (Free agent).
    Kieron Dyer, (Free agent).
    Luke Young, Aston Villa (anyone have a clue?)
    Joey Barton, (Free agent).
    Brian Murphy, (Free agent).

Possible INs:
    Shaun Wright-Phillips + Nedum Onouha, Manchester City (£5m).
    Scott Dann, Birmingham (£5m?)
    LB, (around £3m).
    Crouch, Spurs (loan).

Outs:
    Kaspars Gorkss, Reading (£900k).
    Mikele Leigertwood, Reading (£500k?)

Possible outs:
    Rob Hulse, Celtic (£1m) haha!

Transfer fees spent:£2.25m=£1.25m+£1m(?Luke Young?).

Possible transfer fees:£13m.

If my predictions are correct NW has been given a £15m to spend, and so far we've sold players for £1.4m(?). I believe NW's having more cash to spend on defenders since we got Barton on a Free instead of Parker for £6m. I think maybe why we can sign Scott Dann for £5m(or another defender ofc).

This predictions leaves us with a pretty decent team IMO.

------------Kenny-----------
    Young-Onouha-Dann-LEFT BACK?
    -----------Derry-------------
    SWP-----Barton---Taarabt/Smith.
    ----------Crouch-------------
    ------------DJ----------------

Fingers Crossed!

A fair summary except I just don't think you can talk about Barton as a "free" transfer in the way some of the others are. £14m over four years is hardly "free". Massive for a club our size. I would love Dann and Crouch too but if anyone like that should come lets treat it as an amazing bonus rather than making out there are fortunes left in Warno's kitty. SWP's wages will also be eye-watering. Even a player like Young will have been on massively more than anyone at our club was last season. My hunch is a couple of signings will be loans (Traore, Jenas). No idea if Warno regards centre back and centre forward as priority areas.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      A fair summary except I just don't think you can talk about Barton as a "free" transfer in the way some of the others are. £14m over four years is hardly "free". Massive for a club our size. I would love Dann and Crouch too but if anyone like that should come lets treat it as an amazing bonus rather than making out there are fortunes left in Warno's kitty. SWP's wages will also be eye-watering. Even a player like Young will have been on massively more than anyone at our club was last season. My hunch is a couple of signings will be loans (Traore, Jenas). No idea if Warno regards centre back and centre forward as priority areas.
      I know, Bothroyd had a very high signing on fee too. Since I wrote transfer fee's I believe that's the easiest part to write since if I were going to write about wages over four years I had to make more devoloped calculations.

Comment

Fair enough mate. I just think we have to factor that in because Fernandes is clearly a generous bloke but he has already spent big. Even the old regime, while not spending anything like enough, actually committed the club to a fair bit of close season expenditure with wages and signing on fees. You are suggesting seven signings under Fernandes on top of the five close season signings under Ecclestone and I just can't see that many coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Fair enough mate. I just think we have to factor that in because Fernandes is clearly a generous bloke but he has already spent big. Even the old regime, while not spending anything like enough, actually committed the club to a fair bit of close season expenditure with wages and signing on fees. You are suggesting seven signings under Fernandes on top of the five close season signings under Ecclestone and I just can't see that many coming in.
          I can see your point mate, I might be too optimistic. But who knows, if some said to me 2 months ago that we'll sign Barton this summer, I would have laughed him off.
          It's very promising that Fernandes is talking about investing in a youth academy, it prooves that he's commited for many years to come, and so are the mittals. He's putting our club in safe ground and I can't thank him enough for that.

Comment

I think if the mittals were still not involved I would be really worried about this level of expenditure as been discussed on here before would be very difficult for Fernandes to finance on his own, if were being honest a lot of these new transfers are out of our league, ( not that im moaning mind) like I said glad we have amit on board as we now know he does have an affinity to the the club .

Comment

People keep forgetting that Fernandes is the front man of a consortium with around £900m. He's not financing it alone, and that's without the Mittal's fortunes.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
              X