Barton to meet QPR again at 11.30am today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    I think we will get a decision either way. TF, AB and NW won't want this one going on any longer and potentially missing out elsewhere. If JB doesn't sign today they'll still have time to bring in another player on a sensible salary rather than have a situation where they sign anyone for ridiculous money 5 minutes before the window closes.
    £ 14 m investment over 4 years sounds fairly ridiculous to me !!!

But hey it's not my money !!!

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post

I agree it's ridiculous but it would be even more ridiculous if we spent the same figure on someone not as good because we were forced to do a deal right at the end of the window. For example Jenas might cost today 20% less then he might next Wednesday because to get him we might have to offer him a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post

Actually it is!!!!!!
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

I think if I was moving all the way across the country I'd want a bit of time to think about it. Fans often forget these are actual people with lives we're talking about, not just like a name on Football Manager game. They have families, friends in an area, etc etc. It's not just a simple thing. Also for someone like Joey Barton, he may be thinking if London is a wise move. he is fairly high profile and also fairly volatile. Might London be too much of a spotlight? Who knows. I think it is vital, if we are to get the best out of him and VFM, that he is as close to 100% sure as anyone can be. After all, it is a lot of dough we're shelling out...

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
            I think if I was moving all the way across the country I'd want a bit of time to think about it. Fans often forget these are actual people with lives we're talking about, not just like a name on Football Manager game. They have families, friends in an area, etc etc. It's not just a simple thing. Also for someone like Joey Barton, he may be thinking if London is a wise move. he is fairly high profile and also fairly volatile. Might London be too much of a spotlight? Who knows. I think it is vital, if we are to get the best out of him and VFM, that he is as close to 100% sure as anyone can be. After all, it is a lot of dough we're shelling out...
            Very good, sensible and logical comment
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                Actually it is!!!!!!
                Only a small fraction of that is coming from gate receipts and merchandise revenue.

Isn't this the sort of thing we all hope they'll spend our money on anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                  Actually it is!!!!!!
                  Not really !!

In a week when we might be comitting £ 14 m to a contract over 4 yrs ....I got a text from the club telling me I'm getting money back on my season ticket and free text alerts on saturdays game !!!!

Happy days

Comment

If he didn't intend signing, why bother thrashing out image rights or whatever last night, and more importantly, if he wasn't thinking of singning, why would he come back for a meeting to say no? He'd just get his agent to contact the club and say thanks, but no thanks and move on.

I now think this will happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      If he didn't intend signing, why bother thrashing out image rights or whatever last night, and more importantly, if he wasn't thinking of singning, why would he come back for a meeting to say no? He'd just get his agent to contact the club and say thanks, but no thanks and move on.

I now think this will happen...

oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

If he doesn't sign today then I will start to worry.

Comment

This is a strange one. Normally clubs ship players out whose heads have been turned by other offers. Only at QPR are we doing it in reverse. I think it would be fair to say that if there was an offer from up north, he wouldn't come. And he'll only come to get playing time.

And as it's such a big decision for him, there's no guarantee he'll ever settle.This goes against everything Neil looks for when signing players. 100% commitment. It's risky. It would be safer to look elsewhere for a similar player.

But it seems Flavio's lingerings have pushed us into an awkward position, because of transfer window time constraints, and our ambition to survive the first season. His actual signing may encourage other players to come here, but it's 50-50 for me whether he stays to see out his contract, and the club probably know it too.

Comment

Maybe he is stalling to see who else we are going to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Maybe he is stalling to see who else we are going to sign.
                              Lets hope all our potential signings don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                                If he doesn't sign today then I will start to worry.
                                Agreed. I also agree with the comments about he is a human being after all and he will have to think about moving but I'd imagine it's harder for foreign players and if you think Spurs were believed to have only made contact with Real Madrid regarding Van Der Vaart a few hours before the window closed and he made up his mind and up rooted his family within hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X