Joey Barton in talks with...QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leewads View Post
    Geordie forums saying QPR offer is massive and at the very least matches his current salary

Yeah of course some drunk numpties in Newcastle would know what wages he was being offered, even though he was still on the train down and not even started talks with us himself....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Yeah of course some drunk numpties in Newcastle would know what wages he was being offered, even though he was still on the train down and not even started talks with us himself....
      He would have been given some idea of the package on offer (to be negotiated) before getting near a train. If he didn't it wouldn't be worth while buying a ticket. This is the stuff agents are paid for. When a PLAYER travels for talks, you know it's very serious stuff indeed.

Still assuming Barton is listening to what we have to say in the hope it will flush out an offer from Everton or Arsenal until I see him in the hoops!

Comment

If Arsenal do not sign him, they are mad as he is exactly what they need.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          Exactly....perfect for them. Wenger probs wouldn't take him tho. Could everton afford those wages being quoted!
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

They have need a 'Barton' ever since Viera and Pettit left, but the stubborn tippy tappy professor thinks he can win titles and cups without an enforcer.

Comment

Joey Barton in London in a blacked out car on way to meet representatives of QPR #skysports

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                They do indeed but something serious would have to happen for Arsene to change his transfer policy for Barton to sign for Arsenal.

Comment

Joey Barton on The Road To Wigan Pier with QPR

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    They do indeed but something serious would have to happen for Arsene to change his transfer policy for Barton to sign for Arsenal.
                    If they had bought Barton, Bent and a really mean, nasty centre half in the window they probably would have been crowned Champions last season. But as Sir Pie says, Arsene Wenger is too much of a purist for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Joey Barton in London in a blacked out car on way to meet representatives of QPR #skysports
                      Love this! Have got a strange feeling that we might, somehow, actually pull this off you know
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

If he is really meeting with bods from QPR, I can see a deal being done tonight, as TF does not seem to mess around.

Comment

Wenger is a ******.
                          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Wenger should have signed Darren Bent 3 years ago. Add to that Shay Given last season & they would be contenders.

On the Barton business my pal just had a text from someone at QPR saying Barton will sign today, I said I couldn't see it as these things take time but as mentioned we don't have time on our side & TF seems like a quick mover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                              Wenger is a ******.
                              Regardless of which explicit is hidden behind those *'s.... totally agree.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                                Wenger should have signed Darren Bent 3 years ago. Add to that Shay Given last season & they would be contenders.

On the Barton business my pal just had a text from someone at QPR saying Barton will sign today, I said I couldn't see it as these things take time but as mentioned we don't have time on our side & TF seems like a quick mover.
                                Think they have a wage cap. It's all mental over there really. They need barton. Hopefully they don't realise this yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X