Joey Barton in talks with...QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    No the southampton reserve player is championship standard while Barton while being a complete ******* is a good premiership player so no contest,just dont tell Matty!
    i wont bore you with his stats from last year rebel

Tbf I have always said Ive rarely seen him play and that he might well turn out poo but all I can go on is stats, and his look pretty damn good!

But dot get me wrong, him or Barton theres no decision, Barton is a top top player and Im really hoping we can pull this off
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He's on 65k at Newcastle at the moment. The fans love him and don't want him to go. Realistically it would be take a bit of sorcery to get him; the other players might have something to say about coach and four through the wage ceiling.
      He could stay put cos he knows Pardew will play him, whereas if he moves here he could end up in the championship and he definitely doesn't want that.

Comment

Maybe not Pardew, but Mike Ashley clearly wants him out.

He'll leave.
        "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

I know this might be controversial but do we really want all the hassall we would undoubtedly get from having him in our team?

Comment

It's a fair question.

But he's a good footballer. With a good manager, hopefully.
            That might be the key.
            if he reigns it in on Twitter, that'd help.
            "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Originally posted by SullivanQPR View Post
              It's a fair question.

But he's a good footballer. With a good manager, hopefully.
              That might be the key.
              if he reigns it in on Twitter, that'd help.
              Probably be the only reason I would join twitter. To listen to him about how much he wants to deliver a swift flying headbutt to adels jaw.

Comment

i doubt he'll come to be honest. i think he'll listen to what we have to say but us talking to barton, might well make other clubs get involved although it looks like no-one wants to go near him. our neil loves a rebel hahaha

Comment

Just had a quick nosey around a couple of Newcastle boards.The general consensus on them is why would he move to QPR ? They're not having it and beleive he'd have to move again next year after we're relegated.Newcastle online have a poster who says he's on the same train as Barton and was going to plead him not to leave, same poster also said Joey is with David Craig the SSN reporter.thought you might like to hear some others think.

Comment

Geordie forums saying QPR offer is massive and at the very least matches his current salary

Comment

Originally posted by leewads View Post
                      Geordie forums saying QPR offer is massive and at the very least matches his current salary
                      Good... nice statement of our ambition
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The wages with the other players is a pretty simple one to bat away.

"You're not Joey Barton"

Also if we get shot of some serious dead wood currently drawing their wages for little effort (Rowlands and Vine in particular) the increase is taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Good... nice statement of our ambition
                          Sounds good but now every other club, player and their agent are going to be looking for a similar deal.

Comment

If he signs, hes going straight on the back of my 3rd shirt.

Love the bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                              Probably be the only reason I would join twitter. To listen to him about how much he wants to deliver a swift flying headbutt to adels jaw.
                              Given Adel's apparently "patchy" attendance record, I'd doubt whether they'd cross paths too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                                Also if we get shot of some serious dead wood currently drawing their wages for little effort (Rowlands and Vine in particular) the increase is taken care of.
                                This needs to happen asap, mutual termination if needed

Comment

Working...
                                X