Parker, Cole, Barton , Crouch, Wright Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker, Cole, Barton , Crouch, Wright Phillips

Is it just me or does anyone else think these 4/5 supposed "marquee" signings will be more like: Bullard, Jenas, Puncheon, Young?

Hope I'm wrong and I hope we do bring in some top quality players just can't see the Dream Team rolling up here despite the constant links.

Think Warnock has 3 shopping lists and think we'll be looking at the 3rd one - probably got "Cornflakes" written on it.

I think alot of our fans are getting abit carried away and getting sucked in by paper talk, signing Bullard Jenas Puncheon and Young isnt bad at all.

Im pretty sure we will not sign Cole Barton Crouch or Parker.

We do need, desperatley need, to sign at least 3 defenders though IMO. Young Onouha and Ridgewel would be brilliant, giving us a back 5 of:

Kenny
    Young Onouha Gabbidon Ridgewell

Im sure NW knows exactly what he's doing and will have made some evry shrewd signings come the end of the transfer window.
    Last edited by MattyRangers; 24-08-2011, 10:33 AM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

What is interesting about that list not one defender metioned and that is the main area where we need 5 players at least looking at last night we have no strength there what so ever
      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Bullard, Jenas, Puncheon, Young
        Don't even think they'll be that good. Think we're struggling to attract quality.
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Of course I'd rather have better than Bullard, Jenas, Puncheon and Young but all would improve the squad. What options do we have to replace Derry and Faurlin? What option is there other than Orr? Who'd you rather have Ephraim or Puncheon?

I think all four would improve the squad but I'd rather us sign more defenders than attacking players.

Comment

Jenas and Young would be "marquee" signings for a club like ours. Who have Swansea, Norwich or Wigan got as good as Jenas? Or pursued by Liverpool, as Young was last season. I wouldn't call Bullard a "marquee" signing, but probably more because he would be free that any lack of ability. A "marquee" signing for us is not Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshire.

Comment

lets just wait and see I actually think our midfield is sound apart from an extra winger, we need defenders.
              Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Jenas and Young would be "marquee" signings for a club like ours. Who have Swansea, Norwich or Wigan got as good as Jenas? Or pursued by Liverpool, as Young was last season. I wouldn't call Bullard a "marquee" signing, but probably more because he would be free that any lack of ability. A "marquee" signing for us is not Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshire.
                Agreed.

Every signing should be about improving on what you already have and if these players would be.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Originally posted by Slydo View Post
                  lets just wait and see I actually think our midfield is sound apart from an extra winger, we need defenders.
                  Couldnt agree more with both posts
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

lets just wait and see
                    .......but not too long!
                    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                      .......but not too long!
                      That for me is the silver lining to all this - next week it will be all done and dusted and we will know what we have for the first half of the season.
                      Maybe then we can get on with the football
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                      X