QPR manager Neil Warnock pleased with Carling Cup exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR manager Neil Warnock pleased with Carling Cup exit

QPR manager Neil Warnock says he is glad that his side have been knocked out of the Carling Cup following their 2-0 loss at home to Rochdale.

More...

Although I like usually people being outspoken, I think that managers are usually careful to make this statement when over 4,000 people paid good money to watch a team that didn't care about going through....and maybe wanted to go out.

Suprised he came out with this tbh.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

yes

yes i agree with silver,but ill be more outspoken when we went to the fa cup final,we got so many easy draws,imagine if rochdale draw an easy draw etc etc etc.
      We could have another wembley final which helps to sell the club
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Shocking thing for Warnock to say if accurately quoted. Worth refunding all those who paid good money in that case.

What happened to the old fashioned idea of trying to win games? Carling Cup represents our best chance of silverware.

Please don't quote the Birmingham relegation - they went down because the entire club took their collective eye off the ball and started looking at European flights and had the added worry of knowing whether or not the club would even exist on a week to week basis.

Comment

It was accurately quoted as there's an audio link that says he wishes he'd been away from the game scouting instead.

As for refunds? Well, let's just say that I paid £15 and it seriously wasn't worth that much. But then everything at QPR is ludicrously overpriced. :angry:

Comment

Can I have my money back then ;D

Comment

The less said about last night the better, think we should just move on

Comment

Agree 100% with him.

Only downside to the night was Orr's injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Shocking thing for Warnock to say if accurately quoted. Worth refunding all those who paid good money in that case.

What happened to the old fashioned idea of trying to win games? Carling Cup represents our best chance of silverware.

Please don't quote the Birmingham relegation - they went down because the entire club took their collective eye off the ball and started looking at European flights and had the added worry of knowing whether or not the club would even exist on a week to week basis.
                  In fairness, I admire NW for saying what a lot of other managers think but the others just don't have the nads to admit it. Anyone who paid to watch the match must have known in advance that it was not a priority and there was very little chance of us busting a gut to win it. I think we're better off out of it.

Comment

Neil must be due a fallout with FA soon anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                      In fairness, I admire NW for saying what a lot of other managers think but the others just don't have the nads to admit it. Anyone who paid to watch the match must have known in advance that it was not a priority and there was very little chance of us busting a gut to win it. I think we're better off out of it.
                      Why?

It's not as if we're overloaded with European games from now until the FA Cup starts. Going out early last season didn't do Blackpool any favours. Chance to progress to the latter stages tossed away like a student's spunky tissue. Shame.

Comment

Totally agree if it wasn't important and they wanted out.which is what it looked like with the team we fielded & were not going to give it a go they were wrong to charge, should have let all season ticket holders in free & charged the rest £5. Shelled out £25 for me and my son and expected them to have a go, which didn't materialise. only reason I probably went was to get the loyalty points for away game tickets!

Comment

well we all know what to do next season , DONT FOCKING GO!
                          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

shame on you warnock , there is no place for that in our club . any QPR team should work there socks off no matter who they are playing . i had to try and explain to my little kids why we had lost ....."oh that match wasnt important kids", neil said so.

Comment

It is becoming a joke competition for the likes of new prem teams like ours. They would be better off inviting teams to take part rather than it being compulsory imo.

You either want to compete and try and win or you don't bother entering. I would love to come down and watch us in the CC but we haven't performed since the Manure game away. Leyton O, Port Vale and now Rochdale all at home all farces

1967 is yonks ago, 1986 is still an age ago too
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X