Rochdale Game Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochdale Game Analysis

Obviously everybody sees a game differently, but for what its worth, here's how I saw the Rochdale game last night:

Murphy: Looked OK, nothing too much to deal with. 1st goal he palmed out to the side, maybe could have done a little better, but IMO, defence was to blame for not following it up and letting their bloke have a free tap home.

Orr: Tbh didnt do much right or wrong whilst on the pitch. Got paced once or twice by their winger though. Definatley need a RB bought urgently!

Perone: Looked OK. Did the basics, got the ball down and played simple passes most of the time. Seem abit naive and looks as though would need a commanding figure next to him to tell him what to do. One bit the ground was silent (as it was most of the game) and Bruno was bringing the ball out of defence and you just heard Bothroyd scream "Bruno pass the f**king ball" to which he, like an obediant puppy, passed the ball

Shittu: Won most headers but wasnt too confident in him once the ball began getting played around the deck. Done OK though, no real mistakes.

Connolly: Defend him all the time but have to admit last night he was poor IMO. Gave the bal away a few times, and he gives away so many needless freekicks. In the PL (as we almost found out at everton) we will be punished in and around the penalty area for giving away silly freekicks, need to be cut out. Going forward he look OK and made a few decent balls but alot of his passing was sloppy.

Rowly: Have slagged him off alot lately after his antics towards fans, but in the first 20mins or so I had to admit he looked pretty lively and sharp and was spraying some nice passes around. Seemed to die off abit though and wasnt a great performance over all. Should have been putting in a shift in this game if he really wanted to prove himself to NW or even show potential buying clubs his ability. Seemed to just go through the motions.

Cooky: As Rowly, seemed to go through the motions. 1st half very poor, 2nd half came alive abit more but still nothing like the Cooky of old. Doesnt have that killer instnict to go past a defender, seemed very hesitant. Shame, but really doesnt look good enough anymore.

Adel: IMO, poor display. Played a few decet balls and showed 1 or 2 flashes of brilliance, but overall didnt do much and, not sure if this is just me, but seems to be carrying a few extra pounds?! Really needs to start putting in performances before he gets labelled a PL flop...

Hogan: Dont rate him. Works quite hard, chases things down, but seems too lightweight and dont nothing against a League 1 opposition.

Bruno Andrade: Thought he looked an exciting player. Obviously wasnt perfect, he did lose the ball a couple times, but overall i was impressed. Wasnt afraid to run at defenders (something we lacked) and had some nice skills. WOuld like to see a bit more of this lad.

Bothroyd: IMO, bloke looked class. Seemed to just be going through the motions, but whenever ball was played into him, he held defenders off and picked a pass. Cant remember him losing the ball at all. Very strong and a lovely touch. Thing he will be a great singing for us.

Harriman: Look like the lad has alot of potential. Attacking he got into alot of space down the wing but didnt seem to get the ball much (unsure whether he cant shout or what!) but looked confident and didnt seem overawed by the occasion (what with the huge noisy crowd and all....) and defensivley won a fair few ehaders despite his size and I think in a couple years time he could be a very good player.

All in all, I think we all knew NW didnt care too much for this competition. I think he would have wanted to see us keep the ball and for the younger lads to show what they can do, as well as players like Jay and Adel to get some match fitness.
    We did seem to keep the ball quite well alot of the time, but we never seemed to really want to penetrate their defence, we seemed quite happy to go through the motions and make a few passes without really threatening.
    Rochdale worked well as a unit and kept very tight when defending, their defenders where up very close to their midfield who were alos not far ehind strikers, making it hard for us to play inbetween the lines and we resorted to the long ball a few times, which their defenders loved and just swept up.

Not a great performance at all, but not reading too much into it.

Bring on Wigan
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Depressing.

Bring on Wigan.
    1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Working...
    X