Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst part of tonight, and a real choker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook was woeful and I saw him panting after doing a 50 yard dash
    R's

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      I'll disagree with that. Not through his one fault, but he's more than made that back through wages whilst not being able to play. He was good to the club, but the club have repaid that.
      Agree. He's been on full wack for two years or more now for about three appearances. Been paid back his signing on fee many times over. Am also sorry for the guy as unlike a lot of mercenaries who have passed through our club - or worse, like Vine, stuck around - he clearly loves the club. But in a harsh business way it would have been better to claim the insurance on him and Rowlands and close down their careers as neither seem to have anything left, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
        Didn't think they were lazy - unfortunately they're just not good enough anymore.
        Well if they are not good enough against a average L1 side they might as well retire.If your telling me that there performances tonight was the best they can now give, well it curtains for them both.

Comment

I think 'embarrassed' is harsh. Cook just isn't up to it. He didn't pick himself tonight. Let's not pretend he's a waste of space and couldn't care. He's one of us, and wouldn't rob from the club.
          Sorry, was one of us,if he was one of us he would of showed passion and run his heart out for the cause but it just isnt there any more.Unfortunetly he knows his days are numbered and it showed.I will always thank Cookie for the gesture he made when we were in the sh*t and Rowly used to be a fans favourite but all good things come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
            I think Cook and Rowly should be embarassed to pick up there wages with the lack of effort they showed.I thought they would of been well up for it as they could of got deals with other clubs if they had performed.
            Does NW and the coaches have blinkers on during the week, as they surely put the same effort in on the training ground, so WTF were they doing playing tonight. PVM, Buzz or some of the U18's would have been a better option.

Comment

I'll disagree with that. Not through his one fault, but he's more than made that back through wages whilst not being able to play. He was good to the club, but the club have repaid that.
              Yeah I see what mean, I was just thinking others have been out for a long time on full pay and have never made such a gesture.

Comment

He was absolutely woeful. Hardly contributed in first half. His best attribute, crossing the ball has deserted him. His fitness is attrocious, no matter how many injuries you have had, you have just come through pre season and to not be fit enough is criminal. I think sentiment for both him and rowlands should be forgotten now. Leon Clarke performed better on his showings for us over the last season and has had his contract terminated, unfortunately they should be thanked for their service and also be shown the door.
                15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

I can't believe it's taken some people this long to realise it, he's not been up to Championship standard ever since his injury. Some of the people on here dreaming about him making a return for us in the Premiership.

Comment

Cook in the prem hahahaha
                    R's

Comment

Sad to see both Rowly and Cook probably end their career on a night like this, injuries ruined both of them espeically cook. Lets remember the dark days when they both busted a gut to keep us in the championship and were quality players for us at that level.

Have to say i was surprised to see Cook in the redback in Acton two Sundays ago, probs not the best way to get back to fitness!

Comment

Well I thought Cook was trying and he looked gutted the way he sloped off when subbed. Sad if tonights performance is our last memory of him.

Comment

you missed eastenders
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

To be fair to them they have hardly played any games since warnock came in
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

cook and rowly were no worse than anyone else tonite . andrade did ok but bothroyd, connolly shittu and murphy were useless no pride it doesnt matter who the opposition is you play for the shirt... well done to rochdale they ran for and chased down every ball

Comment

no matter how many injuries you have had, you have just come through pre season and to not be fit enough is criminal.
                                If he was so unfit why was he selected to play?
                                Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                                X