No announcement yet.

Another cup surrender... is the humiliation worth it? /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could tell from start to finish it was a training game for them. Glad the cups over. Let's establish ourselves in the premier league and then try for a cup.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      Yes, that was what got us promoted, and going out in such an embarassing fashion has guaranteed us Premiership survival.

Job done.
      easy ain't it

Comment

I'm not at all fussed about the league cup or whatever it's now called. The latter point has added to the dis-interest. But I wish we would just not enter it at all if we refuse to take it seriously. And if we have to enter it for some reason, then the club should at least let people in for free.

I appreciate it is far from a priority, but to subject ourselves to such humiliation every year seems a bit pointless.

Hopefully, the one thing it has done is finally close the door firmly in the face of those living on past reputations. And with a bit of luck, get an almighty rollicking for those who maybe in Neil's plans and don't seem to care enough.

Comment

Why are we surprised with last night's result?

I went to the game last night knowing we would lose. Our only priority this season is to stay up and rightly so. This game was a nuisance and in future maybe we could opt out of this cup. Our squad is not big enough as it is, and why waste players who will be needed for Saturday's vital game at Wigan?

I can understand playing Tarabat and Boothroyd as they needed match practice, but you could clearly tell they were told not to tackle.

Orr and Connolly had to play as there were no other options in the full back positions. And typical Orr is now injured and probably won't play at Wigan. We lost Mackie in a pointless FA Cup game last season.

Murphy does not fill me with any confidence. Where's Cerny?
          Shittu just never gets any better.
          Perone thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer
          Cook and Rowlands - their time at Rangers is finished. Both looked overweight and off the pace. Feel for Cook because he has had a tough time at Rangers and his commitment can never be questioned.

And thankfully Tarabat, Hogan and Boothroyd didn't get injured.

Whilst the youngsters did alright, they won't make the first team and like most of the youth players they will end up finding their level in the lower leagues.

Oh well, 15 quid down the drain. Should have known better and not gone, but as I said not surprised. The match was like a training drill: defence v attack. The key was to not get injured and typical we lost Orr.

Let Dale have their day in the next round. Certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Wigan is the big one and already a 6 pointer.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Thanks for the summary Hammersmith. Agree that the result doesn't matter and having listened to NW he doesn't seem to bothered either.

Yes, we once won this cup and that is our only real piece of silverware but priorities for the next few seasons should lie elsewhere. These games are becoming an injury avoidance exercise and unfortunately it hasn't happened again.

Think we have to try and do what the bigger teams have done with their kids and get them loaned out playing regularly and find out which will make the grade and which will be released come end of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              I went to the game last night knowing we would lose. Our only priority this season is to stay up and rightly so. This game was a nuisance and in future maybe we could opt out of this cup. Our squad is not big enough as it is, and why waste players who will be needed for Saturday's vital game at Wigan?

I can understand playing Tarabat and Boothroyd as they needed match practice, but you could clearly tell they were told not to tackle.

Orr and Connolly had to play as there were no other options in the full back positions. And typical Orr is now injured and probably won't play at Wigan. We lost Mackie in a pointless FA Cup game last season.

Murphy does not fill me with any confidence. Where's Cerny?
              Shittu just never gets any better.
              Perone thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer
              Cook and Rowlands - their time at Rangers is finished. Both looked overweight and off the pace. Feel for Cook because he has had a tough time at Rangers and his commitment can never be questioned.

And thankfully Tarabat, Hogan and Boothroyd didn't get injured.

Whilst the youngsters did alright, they won't make the first team and like most of the youth players they will end up finding their level in the lower leagues.

Oh well, 15 quid down the drain. Should have known better and not gone, but as I said not surprised. The match was like a training drill: defence v attack. The key was to not get injured and typical we lost Orr.

Let Dale have their day in the next round. Certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

Wigan is the big one and already a 6 pointer.
              Great post Hammersmith
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
              X