Am I alone in thinking this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I alone in thinking this?

If we go for Bentley we're clutching at straws.Perhaps all these links to high profile players are going to come to nothing,whether its transfer fees,prohibitive wages or purely that they don't want to come to LR.The next week or so is going to be very interesting,but I'm not so confident as some that we will get the players we want.Parker,SWP,Barton and Gradel (not that we've been linked with him) all look like they're going elsewhere.Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I suppose the way to look at it geejaybee is that less than a week ago we wer'nt going to strengthen at all, and would of loved Bentley over say Puncheon ?

Comment

Dave's glass is half full & I'm liking that

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        If we go for Bentley we're clutching at straws.Perhaps all these links to high profile players are going to come to nothing,whether its transfer fees,prohibitive wages or purely that they don't want to come to LR.The next week or so is going to be very interesting,but I'm not so confident as some that we will get the players we want.Parker,SWP,Barton and Gradel (not that we've been linked with him) all look like they're going elsewhere.Sincerely hope I'm wrong.
        Your not and we will end up with That Southampton guy and the likes,unfortunately we have left it too late in the transfer window,the quality players like Parker and SWP will be well tapped up by now

Comment

How we were run by the last regime, sort of dictates what happens to us now unfortunately.Players will still be a little wary of joining us.

Plus....we are going to be left with the out of favour premiership players and the one or two good CCc players that might well attract offers from "bigger " clubs than ourselves.

If we sign Bentley or SWP...fans may thinks we are paying out fees on players that cannot cut it at big clubs..but if we buy Puncheon or the like like..some fans will say we are still taking the cheaper option..
          Think Neil has a very hard week or so, trying to convince 5 of the 12 players he has on his list to join us.

Neil will make the odd mistake( Clarke example) but...and i know it's now a cliche..but i do trust Neil's judgement....

Comment

In Neil we trust Ric.

Comment

My postman has just been,and said that his team Watford have made an offer of £600,000 for Rotherham's LeFondre.The postie says he also regularly delivers parcels to our very own D.J.Campbell who apparently has a new Jag and Range Rover in his driveway in Chorleywood Rd.Rickmansworth.I didn't realise that he lived so close to me.Not that that's anything to do with the price of bread.

Comment

See if he can give you a lift on matchdays!!!!!!!!!!!:pleasantsuprise:

Comment

Am I alone in thinking if we sign the likes of SWP, Parker, Barton, Joe Cole and then drop ticket prices we'll be fooked in a couple of years time as per Pompey?

Personally think Bentley would be a great signing.

Comment

we are more vauxhall viva than bentley!!!!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                      we are more vauxhall viva than bentley!!!!
                      Aarrrgggghhhhh not the Vauxhall name again.

Comment

its really hard to get quality players to come in for any club , take stoke for example a established prem club who are willing to shell out a few bob but cant seem to get any of their target players, of cousre this might be more to with the club being in stoke rather than anything else! but you know what i mean!
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

London club is much more appealing,Neil has admitted that our location makes it much easier to attract decent players,the next week will tell alot I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            See if he can give you a lift on matchdays!!!!!!!!!!!:pleasantsuprise:
                            Good thinking Batman,it would save me on petrol and parking,although I'd probably have to pay him a tip or two as he's saving for some more gold teeth.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X