Gradel to Fulham/W.Ham and SWP to Bolton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradel to Fulham/W.Ham and SWP to Bolton

Thats the possibilties according to SSN this morning. £2.5m for SWP subject to personal terms being agreed.

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
    Thats the possibilties according to SSN this morning. £2.5m for SWP subject to personal terms being agreed.
    Oh well you lose some, you lose some. The field is getting smaller....

Comment

In fairness, that was taken from the Daily Star.

Just to add, I feared this would be where he ended up. Bolton have been talking to him for a while, and in truth, they are a bigger club than us. Our main hope is that we could potentially hit hights beyond Bolton's means.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Tbf I would have rather lost out on a winger than a defender. Its when I start reading Onouha and Ridgewell have agreed to go elsewhere that my sphinkter (?) starts twitching....

Our forward line of DJ Adel and Smith (although Buzz could easily be slotted in here too) behind Bothroyd is more than capable of scoring goals.
        Last edited by MattyRangers; 23-08-2011, 08:36 AM.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Lets not start rubbishing targets that end up elsewhere. No one can deny that the likes of SWP/Parker/Gradel would seriously improve our team. That remains true even if they go elsewhere.
          http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
            Lets not start rubbishing targets that end up elsewhere. No one can deny that the likes of SWP/Parker/Gradel would seriously improve our team. That remains true even if they go elsewhere.

Who's rubbishing them?

Anyway, negotiations swing one wasy and then another... agents drip feedd commnets to press, who highlight things and hopefully up the offers / wages / signing on fee offered by clubs, which in turn increase their own profit... Nothing's certain yet.

I would not be surprised if SWP went to Bolton as was in talks with them ages ago, but he is one i would hope we may pull out some extra effort to sign, simply becasue he is available for such a relatively low transfer fee and would be excellent for us i'm sure. He's lightyears ahead of Routledge who fitted our system perfectly, and would cost the same (more wages, signing on etc i know but you get my drift)....

Comment

No doubt SWP would be a massive player for us. As you say, he's far better than Routs who seemed to be the exact type of player we needed to link well with Adel. I am sure we are pulling out all the stops, but you'd imagine Bolton are ahead of us in terms of attractiveness. He won't even need to move house to go there.

As I said before, we must surely have more potential, but it's whether or not we can sell ourselves to him. I am sure Tony would be happy to match the wage Bolton are offering, providing it's a resonable one.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

SWP might be swayed by his Fathers previous experience at Loftus Rd (when to be fair, little Shaun tore us apart with a hatrick)
                Although Gallen looked better than Fowler that day.

Improve the defence as a priority 3 players
                After that a wide player and a marquee signing.

My moneys on Joe Cole, on loan with Liverpool paying 50-60% of his wages.
                Then again, I'm a rubbish gambler.

Comment

Or plan B,the Southampton reserve player!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Or plan B,the Southampton reserve player!
                    No comment
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

great shame if he goes to bolton as could be fantastic for us, but even with money its hard to attract est prem players to a non-established prem club.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        great shame if he goes to bolton as could be fantastic for us, but even with money its hard to attract est prem players to a non-established prem club.
                        We were bemoaning the fact that under the previous owners no money was available to spend on players; now that we have the "promise" of some sort of kitty the game changes yet again. We are unfashionable and favourites for relegation making it harder to attract ambitious (careerwise) and established PL players. I think if we can afford and land a big fish it will make us more attractive for others to follow. The big question is how much of our warchest (yes! We can call it that now!) would be gulped down by the big one?

Comment

"Subject to personal terms" means we are still in the game, Bolton are struggling to afford what SWP's asking for

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                            "Subject to personal terms" means we are still in the game, Bolton are struggling to afford what SWP's asking for
                            That's right, he wants a horsey, a real one, mind, cast from just some of his dad's unused bling gathering dust in the bank vault. Not too difficult you might say but there are crate loads of the neck stretching stuff and dad is looking for lots of pretty pennies for it.
                            Then( and this is the hard part) he wants to ride it side saddle from his house to all the home games so it has to have real legs that move and it must whinny three times when he dismounts. Personal terms can be tricky right enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Tbf I would have rather lost out on a winger than a defender. Its when I start reading Onouha and Ridgewell have agreed to go elsewhere that my sphinkter (?) starts twitching....

Our forward line of DJ Adel and Smith (although Buzz could easily be slotted in here too) behind Bothroyd is more than capable of scoring goals.
                              If you mention your twitching sphinny one more time, I swear I will ban you... for eternity.
                              Please, I don't want that image.

But I agree about the defenders, especially Onouha.
                              That's the part of the team we need pace, power and athleticism more than anywhere.
                              The "sexy" names like Parker, Cole etc.. are great to see linked, but the team we currently have needs an injection of pace, starting from the back.
                              "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Working...
                              X