Martin Rowlands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Rowlands?

Now I honestly cannot see Warnock playing Faurlin or Derry tomorrow night as we are so threadbare in central midfield so our options are very limited and they'll be rested for Wigan. I know Rowlands is not in our squad, but he can still play tomorrow night with Lee Cook. Cookie will always get a good reception from Rangers fans and rightly so.

Now, I've always rated Rowlands and he has been unlucky with injuries, but what kind of reception do you think he would get it if he plays tomorrow?

I thought him and Vine were out of order at the player of the year do. Even saw Rowlands at one point having a row with a fan. He's probably on good money, but he can't exactly argue with Derry and Faurlin being ahead of him.

I would imagine he has gone down in the estimation of many QPR fans. What cannot be questioned is that he has been a terrific servant to this club, especially when we were at our lowest ebb. He is our longest serving player.

But I can imagine some fans not being too happy with him. If he plays I will support him as he plays for QPR, but his time with us will always be tainted.

I doubt he'll want to leave anyway as he's on good money and no other club will pay similar wages.

I wonder also what his number would be as Buzsackey is 14??
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

would like to see rowlands getting a run....still like the fella but not sureabout the poty-what happened hamm?
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I said this earlier & was told they were not in the squad!

Course they can play they are employed by Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

Would like to see him & Cook play, for selfish reasons only to help us progress not for the good of the players. They were great servants but their time is up & we must get rid of all these types now.

Won't miss Rowly after his POTY do performance but still have a soft spot for Cookie who must be hurting at not getting a look in over people like Vaagen Moen who is sh!te.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        I said this earlier & was told they were not in the squad!

Course they can play they are employed by Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

Would like to see him & Cook play, for selfish reasons only to help us progress not for the good of the players. They were great servants but their time is up & we must get rid of all these types now.

Won't miss Rowly after his POTY do performance but still have a soft spot for Cookie who must be hurting at not getting a look in over people like Vaagen Moen who is sh!te.
        Harsh on Vaagan Moen as he is not even had a chance to start a game! Can see Cook getting a chance tomorrow as well.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

From what I've seen he wasn't championship level never mind Premiership.

Comment

Vaagan Moen started just two matches last season. He was among our best players in the cup match against Blackburn (hit the bar from 35 yards out!), but didn't shine when played out of position (on the wing) against Burnley.

I am doubtful whether he will cut it in the Premier League, given that Warnock didn't consider him good enough in the Championship. However, he is a classy player on his day, is a brilliant free kick taker and the word "shite" is completely unjustified. Let's hope he takes his chance against Rochdale, where I expect him to play in his preferred central midfielder role.

Even though Rowlands deserves a proper farewell, I don't think he will play tomorrow - Vaagan Moen and Perone will probably fill in for Faurlin and Derry if both are rested, and midfield "fringe players" like Emphraim, Andrade etc will also get a run out.

Comment

Yea your are probably right actually sh!te was probably a tad unfair.

I'd actually LIKE to see him given a run in the side whether it be in the cup or the league (which is very doubtful) but as I say after seeing him a couple of times last season briefly I didn't see anything that made me think he was any better than the fringe players we have, but I also agree its hard to judge him without seeing him have a proper run in the side.

Comment

A couple of years ago I would've said Rowly could've done a job at right back.

Unfortunately we've all seen a lack of pace shows you up badly at Prem level unless you are a fantastic reader of the game.

I experienced Rowlys antics 1st hand at POTY and coming after his jesters in Paul Farts win over Bristol City I'm afraid his time will always be tarnished ever so slightly.
                Shame.

We move on
                I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                  A couple of years ago I would've said Rowly could've done a job at right back.

Unfortunately we've all seen a lack of pace shows you up badly at Prem level unless you are a fantastic reader of the game.

I experienced Rowlys antics 1st hand at POTY and coming after his jesters in Paul Farts win over Bristol City I'm afraid his time will always be tarnished ever so slightly.
                  Shame.

We move on
                  What happened there bud, I must have missed that?!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

for me rolly is toast,he tried goin over nw's head last season got found out ....no future here sorry

Comment

Originally posted by bluehoopa View Post
                      for me rolly is toast,he tried goin over nw's head last season got found out ....no future here sorry

as better players started arriving his ego went into overdrive and he started swaggering around with his gucci manbag like some premier league superstar

not good enough to play for neil and not man enough to take it on the chin and move on, choosing instead to be rude and confrontational to fans whenever the opportunity arose

in short, a total c0ck
                      I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

your right there spank ..... also think he kicked off with a young fan at the players do as i said toast!!

Comment

I saw Rowly twice in pre-season, best player on pitch both times imo along with young Doughty. I know it was non league oppostion, but the others did'nt stand out like them two. Shame, but if Neil does'nt want him he's the boss.

Comment

Working...
                          X