Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR redevelopment or possible relocation says Tony

From another thread but probably worthy of its own:

Tony Fernandes: "You are in London, which is fantastic. The potential of developing this ground at some stage or to another ground nearby is there."

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...#ixzz1VThD4iif

WOuld love a bigger LR
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Alas link didn't wory but agree Stanley, now we have a board that is thinking strategically and long term rather than the Bernie approach of "how can I turn a quick buck on the deal" this is one of the major decisions the board will have to face.

Have long thought the most cost-effective way would be to buy out the school and extend the ground that end. We don't need an Emirates, we just aren't that big, but a 24/28,000 stadium would suit us brilliantly.

Comment

I'd love to see Loftus Road improved and expanded, but it isn't easy in the current location. I wouldn't mind moving either, so long as the keyword is 'nearby'. I can see the floodlights from my living room window and I want it to stay that way.

Comment

Yes, we could definately do with raising that capacity to 19,750.

Apart from the Leeds match we nearly sold out on two other occasions in the last 20 years.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            Yes, we could definately do with raising that capacity to 19,750.

Apart from the Leeds match we nearly sold out on two other occasions in the last 20 years.
            Oooooh Dear.

You have a point but some aren't going to like it.

Comment

Don't think its about raising the capacity more like raising the quality of Loftus road so all the fans can enjoy a comfortable match day experience.

Comment

Here we go again......

Improve the quality and you'll improve the quantity

Comment

Originally posted by Mooo block View Post
                  Here we go again......

Improve the quality and you'll improve the quantity
                  yes onto a waiting list

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Alas link didn't work
                    Apologies. Correct link here:

Comment

I hope where he says 'The potential to take QPR to other parts of the world' only means popularity wise.

As the song goes 'Please don't take my Rangers away
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Fernandes considers move away from Loftus Road

"Tony Fernandes, the new owner of Queens Park Rangers, is to look again at plans to move away from Loftus Road to a larger stadium as part of his long-term vision for the club. The Team Lotus co-owner, who bought a 66% stake in the west London club on Thursday for £35m and pledged a further £10m to invest immediately, said that while the first priority was Premier League survival he would look again at plans to move to a new, bigger ground in due course."

More:

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          "Tony Fernandes, the new owner of Queens Park Rangers, is to look again at plans to move away from Loftus Road to a larger stadium as part of his long-term vision for the club. The Team Lotus co-owner, who bought a 66% stake in the west London club on Thursday for £35m and pledged a further £10m to invest immediately, said that while the first priority was Premier League survival he would look again at plans to move to a new, bigger ground in due course."

More:
                          http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...%28Football%29
                          Sounds good!!!
                          Now, Then, Forever
                          [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Become an established Premiership club, provide a tidy new ground with decent facilities (or just the ability to seat someone over 5 foot tall in reasonable comfort) and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect 25k crowds! The fan base will grow purely because of Premier League status.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

More:
                              http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...%28Football%29
                              Wasn't it £80m the otehr week.... Paper talk, you gotta laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X