What I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I thought

Derry was solid, Faurlin was poor by his standards or perhaps the PL is a step too far for him too - early days though. Smith did ok. Dj looked lost at times playing on the right - noticed he kept looking at warnock to see where he should be, felt sorry for him cos he's an out n out poacher not a winger! Bothroyd was very good, gabbidon did a lot better than I was expecting - defending against Davies is not easy. Orr and Clint were very poor - not just the pace... The positioning was terrible. Fitz hall was woeful second half. Felt sorry for paddy. Finally taarabt was poor, Its early days but a few more games like that and I think he will get dropped. Not because he was awful but we are a man down when defending as a team and if he is not giving us anything going forward except trying to do skills past as many players as possible, perhaps warnock will be thinking he needs to keep us more secure defensively.

Bolton are solid defensively so wasn't surprised we didn't score but we let in 4 and we all knew the defence was poor and it's been highlighted even more so. Without investment I don't know how it can get any better. Not banking on it but this hammering could be a blessing in disguise.

Final note was glad to see most of the fans clapping the players at the end, a few are out of their depth but it's not their fault.

a fair report..our defence are not good enough full stop...i dont have the answer but it must be obvious ti others...who know more about footbalkl than me!

Comment

NW9 Ranger said:
      "...a few are out of their depth but it's not their fault."

I agree totally, spent the whole journey home trying to explain that to the kids.
      I feel very, very sorry for some of our players -- there are a few there who should have celebrated promotion and then moved to a Championship club, while we replaced them with more Prem class players -- they shouldn't be with us, and must know that this is a step too far for them.
      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

still early to judge, just watched arsenal and newcastle , even van persie was very poor. give them a month of football then see.

Comment

Defence was all over the place 2nd half, thought Gabbidon had done well first half. Orr looks like he's frightened to be on the pitch! Hill is just out of his depth. Derry works hard but again he's at the absolute limit of his abilities. Was never a member of the Ali Faurlin fan club, and thought he got taught a lesson today we just got mobbed in midfield. Smith was ok, he's not really a Premiership winger, he doesn't have the pace and he's not brilliant defensively. Bothroyd was the sole positive today, looked easily at home at this level and a bit dismayed at the shambles going on around him! DJ looked ok can't really be judged when the rest of the team just didn't give him the service. Taarabt had moments but overall was poor, doesn't look that sharp and was clear from today that we are going to pay for him giving the ball away so cheaply at times.

The biggest problem is our complete lack of shape, no right winger. Campbell, Bothroyd (Who was our best player today) and Taarabt don't seem to know exactly where they are playing. Bothroyd should be leading the line with his height and Taarabt playing off him. The problem then is that leaves DJ on the wing, he's not a winger and moves back into the middle leaving us with no1 to attack out wide with and more importantly no one to defend down that flank. I don't think you can afford to play those three players in the same time. It's either Bothroyd and DJ in a 442 or Bothroyd & Taarabt in a 451.

We need defenders, a central midfielder and a winger to have a chance. If we don't buy before the end of the window I would put my house on us getting relegated, absolute cert. That's not panic, just an honest assesment.

Bolton weren't even particularly good today, Davies does what he normally does but they didn't have any real creative players they just bullied us and punished our mistakes!

Comment

I think your bang on Fez!

Comment

Yes nice touch with the players clapping the fans and vice versa, showed there is some solidarity between us, you could see what it was for and what they were saying, it was like an appreciation of us fans having to put up with the display and a knowing that it's not there fault that they have had no help and i think we showed them we agreed by applauding them.
              I'm surprised Neil wasn't out their too, but i suppose he would get told off again like a naughty little schoolboy by t&c as before when he spoke out.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

As posted many many times Tarrabt will struggle in the Prem. Of most concern is the fact that apart from Kenny and possibly Bothroyd and Campbell would any other prem club want any of our players. The answer is a resounding NO.

Warnock will get more from the team than the combination of their individual ability but will it be enough and will he be kept long enough to try probably NOT.

Poor start but think deep down even the most positive thinker could see this coming.

Comment

Working...
                X