Wigan game KO time changed to 12.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigan game KO time changed to 12.30

Wigan Athletic have confirmed that the kick off time of Latics' Barclays Premier League clash against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday August 27th has been brought forward to 12.30pm.

This is a gesture to supporters who wish to watch Wigan Warriors in the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley, which kicks off at 2.30pm and would otherwise have clashed directly with the Latics match.

Wigan Athletic Chairman Dave Whelan said: "This will be a big day for the town with the two major sporting clubs in action, and we feel it is appropriate that we did everything we could for fans who follow both teams to be satisfied.

"We are grateful to Queens Park Rangers who have agreed to make the switch, and thank them for their cooperation on this matter."

True or has someone made this up??

Offish unfortunately.

Brilliant news for those who've made travel arrangements!
    http://eatsleepdrinkblogfootball.blogspot.co.uk - an independent look at all things football in general and QPR. Twitter: @ESDBFootball

Comment

**** me what time will the coach leave now?

Comment

Well thats me + 2 others getting a refund.

Thanks for looking after the Wigan fans QPR, don't worry about Rangers fans who already had tickets booked and plans made.

Comment

****ing northern *****! this is why they dont deserve to be in the premier leauge, **** fans who care more about egg chasing and using gravy as lube than they do football. thats my ridiculous priced train tickets down the shitter. *****

Comment

Can we get a refund on match tickets that already are paid for?

Was gonna go but f*ck leaving at the crack of dawn to go to Wigan.

Comment

wtf is this a joke my train gets in at 1310 this ****ing club is pissing me off even more now, who do we contact they can refund my ****ing train tickets, shafted again by a so called football rugby club.

Comment

Originally posted by rmj1982 View Post
                wtf is this a joke my train gets in at 1310 this ****ing club is pissing me off even more now, who do we contact they can refund my ****ing train tickets, shafted again by a so called football rugby club.
                Looks like the club will offer travel refunds

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...418879,00.html
                  watch as this is swept under the carpet until the next QPR mess up and people saying 'only at QPR this club is a joke nothing good ever happens'.

Well done to the club on this.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...418879,00.html
                    What about people who will now miss the game?

Tough sh*t I guess.

Comment

Not sure how much we could do about it. Do we have a say? Sorry to buck the trend, but it means I can now go and go to the night out that previously meant I couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
                        Not sure how much we could do about it. Do we have a say? Sorry to buck the trend, but it means I can now go and go to the night out that previously meant I couldn't.
                        They can't change the time without our permission just so their fans can watch a rugby match. Fact. They also thank us for our co-operation which means we agreed.

Laughable.

Comment

Our club should grow some balls, tell Wigan NO and look after QPR fans. People don't really want refunds, they want to go to watch their team. I know we could leave earlier, but that's not the point. We shouldn't have to, just to accomodate some rugby league fans.

Comment

Back to the days of 15-20 of us on an away coach trip following QPR for this game I suppose but this time in the Premier

Fans of football who go to follow their team are held in the lowest esteem by those in control of the game and one day we will say enough is enough

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                              Our club should grow some balls, tell Wigan NO and look after QPR fans. People don't really want refunds, they want to go to watch their team. I know we could leave earlier, but that's not the point. We shouldn't have to, just to accomodate some rugby league fans.
                              Well said Sir

Comment

Working...
                              X