• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposed QPR offer for Egyptian winger

According to QPRReport

Al Ahram

Monday, 08 August 2011

Queen Park Rangers show interest in Ahly’s Fathy

Egyptian champions, Ahly may lean towards recuperating Seddik from Ismaily if their right winger, Fathy, decides to battle in England with the QP RangersEslam Omar, Monday 8 Aug 2011

Ahly’s right winger, Ahmed Fathy is set to meet his team's director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz to discuss English side Queens Park Rangers’ offer.

“The British club contacted me, showing interest to take Fathy on during the transfer window,” the player’s agent told Ahram Online.

The Red Devils are expected to hold onto the talented footballer and sources in the club insist that “Portuguese coach Manuel Jose will not let him go.”

In case the 26-year-old former Sheffield United back insists to return to the English Premier League, the Egyptian Champions are likely to replace him with their former player, Ahmed Seddik, who currently plays with Ismaily.

Former Ismaily defender, Fathy, has 107 caps with the Cairo-giants since he joined in 2007. He is a key player in the Egyptian National team, the Pharaohs, assisting in claiming the African Cup of Nations triple (2006, 2008 and 2010).

Is he a right winger or a full back I'm confused. Perhaps he can play both positions!?
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
      Is he a right winger or a full back I'm confused. Perhaps he can play both positions!?
      I wondered that.Perhaps he was a former full back now playing more effectively as a winger.I'll check on Wiki.

Comment

That's a surname just begging for the nickname 'Lip Up'.

Comment

According to Wiki,he's 26 and plays right back/right midfielder/defensive midfielder and has 80 full caps for the Egyptian national team.

Comment

he played 3 games for Sheff Utd in 8 months there before....
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He flopped at Sheff Utd cause he was homesick. I've seen him play in about 3 African nations cup tournaments and he is from what I've seen a good player. Same type of player as Sunderlands El Mohammady good with ball at feet good and a quality crosser of the ball.
              Estamos QPR

Comment

Originally posted by BigDanShittu View Post
                He flopped at Sheff Utd cause he was homesick. I've seen him play in about 3 African nations cup tournaments and he is from what I've seen a good player. Same type of player as Sunderlands El Mohammady good with ball at feet good and a quality crosser of the ball.
                Edgeware rd aint to far from the Bush so He would feelat home then, so is this good night Punch

Comment

Would be a great signing.

Comment

he can be our new player we never see.. armel.. tofas?
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

He played for the Kuwaiti team I support on loan about 4-5 years ago. Hungry and ethusiastic player.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

HE

he could be a good signing for us
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

His only negative is that he over-reacts sometimes and may get a red card.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                          X