Takeover: This sounds better..yes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeover: This sounds better..yes?

Air Asia owner Tony Fernandes will become a majority shareholder at QPR after agreeing to buy a 51 per cent stake in the club.
    ...Standard Sport understands Fernandes is flying out to the club's pre-season training base in Italy tomorrow to meet with Warnock and discuss plans for the new season, including some more transfer targets.

FULL ARTICLE:
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-new-owners.do
    Last edited by SullivanQPR; 29-07-2011, 06:00 PM.
    "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Wrong link?

Comment

Apologies.

Edited. Try it now.

Comment

Cheers Sullivan.

Comment

this fernandes fella seems all hot air and baloney..kept on about buying west ham but NEVER came up with the money.calls himself a west ham fan,i`ve never seen it at a game in 37 years!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
            this fernandes fella seems all hot air and baloney..kept on about buying west ham but NEVER came up with the money.calls himself a west ham fan,i`ve never seen it at a game in 37 years!
            Maybe because he doesn't have jellied eels dripping down his chin, and isn't hanging around on Romford Road in a zipped up Fila track suit top, whistling "bubbles"?

I don't care who he supports.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              W12 Ranger said somrthing similar in another thread , tend to agree ,the man has Spiv written all over him
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Not taking anything for granted but tentatively I'd call this good news. We needed to break the log jam in the boardroom and this does it. Flavio and Briatore might be horrible people but are big players so good they will remain on board. Mittel's influence will increase. And it seems possible - not assuming anything till it happens - that boardroom peace might lead to some investment in the team. In any event I'm optimistic until I have good reason not to be.

As for the fan bit, all owners claim this. Fayed claimed he had been a life-long Fulham fan but apparently hadn't even heard of them until a couple of years earlier. Question is what they do with the power.

Comment

He's only worth £330m which isn't enough to fund a Premier League club.

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                    W12 Ranger said somrthing similar in another thread , tend to agree ,the man has Spiv written all over him
                    never heard of a Spiv short of a few bob, spiv is fine!

Comment

Maybe Mittal will step out of the shadows?
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                        He's only worth £330m which isn't enough to fund a Premier League club.
                        ah will ya f*#k off.
                        This is great news.if he gets 51%.
                        Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post
                          ah will ya f*#k off.
                          This is great news.if he gets 51%.
                          Happy days
                          Why don't you f*ck off 18 posts man.

What a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            never heard of a Spiv short of a few bob, spiv is fine!
                            what happens when a spiv moves on
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by SullivanQPR View Post
                              Maybe because he doesn't have jellied eels dripping down his chin, and isn't hanging around on Romford Road in a zipped up Fila track suit top, whistling "bubbles"?

I don't care who he supports.
                              1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Working...
                              X