Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
    i look at it as improvement, was 1-1 at our place last season
    That's because you are stupid and cant understand we are no longer a Championship team.

Comment

IT'S A F***ING FRIENDLY YOU ODDBALLS!!? Jesus...so if you were sparring in a boxing match and you managed to get tagged a couple of times this instantly makes you the worst fighter in history right? Or if you go for a jog around a running trap as a warm up but you don't break the world record you are a poor runner? Insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
        IT'S A F***ING FRIENDLY YOU ODDBALLS!!? Jesus...so if you were sparring in a boxing match and you managed to get tagged a couple of times this instantly makes you the worst fighter in history right? Or if you go for a jog around a running trap as a warm up but you don't break the world record you are a poor runner? Insane!
        Superb analogy!
        Spot on!

Comment

Well...

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          actually no...
          please explain how keeping a clean sheet is a bad defensive display?
          There's a little thing called context.. if you are seriously trying to glean a positive from keeping a clean sheet against a L1 team (who are skint to boot) then it says a lot for your level of expectation and more about the lack of eulogy regarding our performance tonight...

Still, if you are happy to take a good defensive display out of tonight's game then that is your prerogative....

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
            There's a little thing called context.. if you are seriously trying to glean a positive from keeping a clean sheet against a L1 team (who are skint to boot) then it says a lot for your level of expectation and more about the lack of eulogy regarding our performance tonight...

Still, if you are happy to take a good defensive display out of tonight's game then that is your prerogative....
            Just out of interest, what is your expectation for this season? Because taking into account everything thats happened mine are very very low.
            You sound like one of those people who has to see negative and never positive aspects. My point is that by all accounts Plymouth were the better side, and we kept them out. That is a good thing. The midfield and forward line do worry me. It doesn't matter who you play, be it league 2 or premier league, a clean sheet is good.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Just out of interest, what is your expectation for this season? Because taking into account everything thats happened mine are very very low.
              You sound like one of those people who has to see negative and never positive aspects. My point is that by all accounts Plymouth were the better side, and we kept them out. That is a good thing. The midfield and forward line do worry me. It doesn't matter who you play, be it league 2 or premier league, a clean sheet is good.
              Obviously any clean sheet is desirable (unless one is out on the pull...)..

My expectations are depressingly low at this moment in time as I fear that we will be humiliated on a regular basis.. having said this I would love to be proved completely wrong but I won't be holding my breath...

Someone earlier posted that it was only a friendly etc but even so we should be able to at least look a cut above teams from L1 even by virtue of having supposedly better players.. plus because we struggled to beat them it's a meaningless friendly but you can guarantee that, had we beaten a strong Real Madrid team in a friendly all of a sudden we'd be world beaters such is teh fickle and capricious nature of the football fan...

Comment

Just back myself.

Honest opinion: We looked pretty toothless going forward and lacked creativity.

However - the trialist CB from West Ham looked very good. Defo a bit of class there. Kind of a Paul Parker IMO from that brief insight.

We'll get murdered if we play like that in the prem though.......

Comment

Working...
                X