Mods/myu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    haha this is true, but makes it quite a dead messageboard when the likes of u, jeffro and other good posters can't get on. It's nothing to do with it being busy as its not got over 175 viewers so somethings not right. Quite suprised Myu couldn't see it as constructive criticism but he must be having an off day so i'll leave it at that.
    Mate is that true..Infractions cause difficulties to log on??

It has been a shambles this morning tbh, and worrying if Scott knows the exact answer yet MODS arent listening to him.

I have been browsing LFW all morning due to the server being constantly busy.

More chance of Rupert Murdoch becoming prime minister than this working at the mo!!!

Comment

Weare why don't you next time start a thread asking if anyone else has encountered the same problems as you before accusing Myu of any wrong doing? I, like lots of other people, couldn't get on but we haven't accused Myu of anything and nor should you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        ...and worrying if Scott knows the exact answer yet MODS arent listening to him...
        We are all ears, but all we get from him is hints at everyone's incompetence (but his own of course). It is just server limitations at the end of the day, nothing new, it happened before but we expect it to stop happening soon as an upgrade is in progress.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Server coped admirably in far, far busier times (FA hearing) with three times as many users.

Is there any link in Pete stepping down and the performance of the servers declining at an alarming level? Maybe the capacity of the server has been reduced due to funding issues?

NB - this isn't a pop at anyone. Realise there are costs and time involved in running things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            We are all ears, but all we get from him is hints at everyone's incompetence (but his own of course). It is just server limitations at the end of the day, nothing new, it happened before but we expect it to stop happening soon as an upgrade is in progress.
            Why do you need to upgrade your server?

This site costs double and actually i mean more than double than it should do.

Prime example is the site i worked on www.likebees.com. It gets about the same traffic as here, and even has a complete paypal professional service hosted on it as well. I could give you 50 examples of other professional sites and companies that get more traffic than this and never ever ever fall over.

You're either getting fleeced or are completely incompetent.

I believe both is the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
              Server coped admirably in far, far busier times (FA hearing) with three times as many users.

Exactly.

Comment

And the buyout times, that was much busier.

Mods are you prepared to let Scott help you out of this ever increasing problem?

Comment

More points Kirill for yet again doing nothing????

Can you stop sticking in the knife, if you have an issue with me then discuss it ffs.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

During The Faurlin saga it was much busier than now. That was in MAY

Only expect it to crash every now and then, when big news happens.

its not particularly busy at the moment. Thats what I cannot understand.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Ok just opened it another warning not points.

I feel like i'm back at school

Comment

To be fair to the people running the site there could be any number of reasons why people couldnt get on that are outside of the realms of server performance

i ran some tests and I believe the issue this morning was such an instance, abnormal traffic i/o levels through routers on the network segment that the server is on. Nowt MYU could do about that even if he had the site on a server 10 times the power of the existing one.
                        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Spot on Pete and that was the question I asked but get a warning for my troubles

Comment

I would like to apologise if my tone comes across as condescending or indeed damn right rude.

It's just that for quite a whilst I've failed to understand why this site costs Pete so so much cash (out of his own back pocket, less a bit of advertising revenue), and why it keeps falling over so much when it really really shouldn't. Just only so many times you can say the same thing and pose the same questions again and again. Tis seriously not fair on Qblock IMHO...and thats why I get hacked off.

Comment

Ddos attack!!!!! Ohnoes!

Comment

To be fair if it crashes you expect it to be for a good reason like pictures of Megan Fox naked or links to grot sites.

Not because whether people are debating whether Hogan Ephraim can make it in the premiership.

Comment

Working...
                                X